Fla. judge in Anna Nicole case accused of smoking pot

Discussion in 'General' started by whitewarrior, Mar 21, 2007.

1. March 19, 2007

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -- Police cited Broward Circuit Judge Lawrence Korda -- one of two who made decisions recently in the Anna Nicole Smith case -- for smoking marijuana in a park Sunday afternoon, a police spokesman said on Monday.

Three on-duty officers who were doing physical training in Stanley Goldman Park caught the judge about 2 p.m., said Capt. Tony Rode. The judge was smoking a joint near a tree in the park, which is near Interstate 95 and Hollywood Boulevard.

"They said they smelled a very strong odor of what they found to be marijuana," Rode said. "They followed the smell to a gentleman sitting under a tree. He was actively smoking the marijuana cigarette as they approached him."

The officers field-tested the joint, which tested positive for marijuana. Korda was not arrested, but given a misdemeanor citation to appear in court at a later date.

"It would not draw media attention except that it was an elected official," Rode said. "The overwhelming majority of people who are detained for a marijuana cigarette are given a notice to appear."

The fight over control of Smith's body began in Korda's courtroom. It ended up being heard by Circuit Judge Larry Seidlin, who drew national attention not only because the case involved an over-the-top celebrity, but because of his relentless one-liners and tearful announcement of the decision. Korda later heard brief arguments in a related case, seeking to determine the biological father of Smith's baby daughter, Dannielynn.

**Everyone loves the herb :wave:
    <hr style="color: rgb(117, 166, 199); background-color: rgb(117, 166, 199); height: 3px;">

2. Repost but rediculous none the less.

3. **Oh and get this....Congress has been giving Republicans this choice: If they vote for keeping troops in Iraq they can recieve whatever request their state has been lobbying for [like $3.7 Billion for Peanut housing in GA, or $2.7 Billion for helping rebuild Katrina damage]

I'm gonna find the story as soon as they put it up, it was just on Glenn Beck.

4. yea well i smoked weed too!

5. "He was actively smoking the marijuana cigarette as they approached him."

hahahahaha

6. Yup, yup just saw this on the news like 20 min. ago and I was shocked....he may face up to a year in prison....for smoking a " marijuana cigarette " . When they approched him he said something like " anything I saw at this point will be bad "

7. You should see him try to read a document haha.