FL Studio...

Discussion in 'General' started by KeepSmokinReefa, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Another question from ya mans KSR.

What do yall who use FL Studio, What do yall use to make like the chorus of it. That aient the right word i dont think. The like background music thats played through out the whole thing. Not the beat (claps, kicks ect) but the other sound in the background. I cant think of the word.

Whatchall use to make that? I cant figure out how to make it sound good.

2. use synths or vst plugins i usually use WASP or something, you can make some pretty sick sounding synths. For a beat find a cool sounding type and use the piano roll to make it go with the beat.

I like using Fast LP as a filter too, if you play with the cut you can make some phat sounding beats

3. IMa Sytrus head either that or the DX10 to do the melody, and KSR do you have a midi keyboard if so hook it up to your comp via Midi Cables way better sound when you play it out. FYI Fuck with the mixer setting and tagret specific channels with certain mixers by clicking the channels ex. click the kick channel now go to FX if you leave it alone thats the master mixer meaning the whole song switch to one and it has its seperate set of mixers(I like to put the Parmetric EQ and the 7 band EQ on the kicks read it on scratch that is how Dre and Em do it)

4. The melody is a bitch to make, Or i jus aient get the hang of it yet.

Ive been fuckin around with it since yesterday and ive still havent came up with something half decent.

Ive been using sytrus with all the presets and shit its got and fuck.

I listen to a normal rap song and jus try to re-create it in FL jus to get my game on tight and i jus cant get the damn melodys down.

And naa, I aient got no midi keyboard.

5. FYI, Im tryin to re-make SPM - Houston, TX.

The damn melody, Its simple, But i jus cant re-create the damn sound. I cant find soemthing that has the same sound.

6. FL Studio is a pretty cool program, I use to be good at it but that was so long ago I can't help now.

7. It's all good. Hell yeah its a cool program.

Ive never produced my own beats before. Ive always got instrumentals n shit, But it wasnt mine so it was always some real underground shit so i wouldnt get in any trouble or anything.

Latley, Ive got into FL and been fuckin with it for a lil while now. Ill fuck with it for hours each weekend. Rarley find time for it during the week. Maybe once a week.

Deff like it.

But on the subject, I layed down a straight melody and got a phat beat on it. I like it. I need to work on a chorus type beat for it, And itll be ready to lay down lyrics. Then tweak it afterwards and ill have my first own real song. Producing the beat and lyrics.

But i still cant find the right setting to produce the sound i want to remake that SPM beat in my own way.