Fl House Passes Medical Marijuana Bill

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Vicious, May 4, 2014.

1. #1 Vicious, May 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
    http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/05/01/fl-house-passes-medical-marijuana-bill/

The bill puts some restrictions on the use of the marijuana strain known as Charlotte's Web. It can have no more than 0.8 percent THC, the chemical that makes users feel high. On average, marijuana has about 15 percent THC, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. The strain has normal levels of cannabidiol, or CBD, which is used to treat seizures.

I was confident we would be passed at the end of the year but this is a great start.

2. Saw this on the news yesterday, they said something like 52% for and 48% against recreational yerb

Can't wait to pick up from a dispensary instead of all these game playing weed dealers

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. This is just a vote killer. Now the can say they have a controlled medical marijuana program in place. Ohio has the same plans if they ever collect enough signatures to get ours on the ballot. Just a tool to use against a real medical marijuana program.

It's funny how previous mmj bills in the Florida legislature didn't even get a hearing, and now from the pressure of amendment 2, they pass this peice of shit proposal out of desperation.

A vote killer for amendment 2 is the aim of these prohibitionists, I agree, but it could also be used as ammo for legalization. The Florida legislature has said yes to marijuana being used as medicine, however, it doesn't make sense to limit the medicinal use to just one specific strain, in this case charlottes web, which is only used for specific conditions from what I've read.  The non-prohibitionist voting public will see through this bullshit attempt by the Florida legislature and pass amendment 2.

5. Green, based on your post, I believe your mindset on this situation to be "all or nothing" mentality. I want to take your position deep down, but i just think we need to take what we can get now and fix as we go instead of getting the whole pie in your first serving......

6. seems like with any southern state legalizing medicinal marijuana theres some bullshit restrictions. This is medicine not a hard drug. They don't tell the civilians how potent their opiate pills should be (which are WAY stronger and addictive than any bud) so why the fuck would they do the same to medicinal pot? God i can't stress how stupid politicians are (especially the southern ones..)

7. If they are not allowing MMJ for the myriad of conditions that it treats: cancer, cardiovascular disease, all neurodegenerative conditions, regulating various biological systems including immune, reproductive, etc, reversing and treating oxidative damage...

Then it is a bullshit bill that deserves to be used as TP because it is a horrid sham and a disservice to what's most important here: GETTING RIGHTFUL ACCESS TO WHOLE PLANT MEDICINE THAT WILL HEAL PEOPLE AND POTENTIALLY SAVE LIVES!

Cbd only med is sham, as is allowing only one (of many) conditions to be treated. Garbage, garbage, garbage.

What about everyone who is lying in a hospital bed at this moment, gridlocked into a life-threatening battle with cancer? F them?

BTW remember that many of the ailments and diseases treatable by cannabis, are in fact so due to the presence and application of THC. Sorry, it makes us euphoric and happy - as if that was a bad thing - while it treats what ails us.

This bill is a prohibition peace and whoever proposed it should be publicly shamed.

8. #8 UnsuspiciousUsername, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    No it isn't. The main medical vote will come in November of 2014, and more than 80% of Florida voters approve of medical marijuana. It's looking better here than most southern states.

This was just another thing pushed on the side.

Ask yourself why Gov. Rick Scott said he would sign this CBD only mmj bill. It's an easy question to answer.

10. Ask what?
    I know, and everyone knows, for his entire term he said he would veto all marijuana legislation. This isn't new. I don't see how that's relevant though. Constituents and the legislature is what matters. 

11. #11 Green Wizard, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014

I gave you a question to ask. You say "ask what?" You say Gov. Rick Scott said he would veto ALL marijuana legislation. But Suddenly, he's gonna sign this CBD only bill into law. I ask again. WHY?

Consitiuents and the legislature matters? Do you think the legislature or the governor matters when you see amendment 2 on the ballot?

12. #12 WaxPayne, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
    @-Saya- 

Told ya ! ;)

No, I'm far from all or nothing. Amendment 2 is far from exceptable, but I'm still gonna vote yes for it. The passage of this CBD only bill by the florida legislature is a complete joke however.

14. #15 poorbuffalo15, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
  15. The bill is for the kids. I don't think we should be against it just because we don't directly benefit from it.

Its for the kids benefit. (I hope)

I read that and it's like bizarro world or something.

Marijuana. Just for the kids?

All these years politians crying about "what about the children?".

17. no...charletts web strain. for the kids w epilepsy. right?  I gues adults can take it as well.

so whats the problem? it helps a certain group of people, right?  ohhh but it doesn't help u! 

now I see the problem.

Refer to post 11 to see the problem.

Other than Sanja Gupta's expose on mmj and this charlotte's web strain, there have been no other sources claiming the medical efficacy of this strain, but for some reason, all these southern states are suddenly passing bills allowing only this strains use. That's a problem, and a failed desperate attempt to thwart the advance of legalization.

19. Its just goanna go recreational and a good medical system will get set up prior to it getting legalized. This bill is just a bullshit pussy foot excuse of a compromise by the dumbass politicians.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk