Fixing up a light for cloning

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lui Carlton, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Will any florescent light work for starting my clones? I am wondering, cause I got this old light here and I am gather my parts to clone some medicine. Root Gel(on roots, after bark is removed), a layer of cling wrap(over top to keep mousture in), a small florescent light over the top and some clay growing media? 24 hour light, till roots get 3 or 4 inches? I also am using the general hydro: rain forest... and my first(from seeds) batch was ALOT of fun... :wave:

Thanks!

2. Get some CFL in the 6500k spectrum. That's all you need. I also have an oscillating fan on mine

3. I am guessing you have some sort of flourescent tube? That will work just fine for rooting.

The first grow that I actually got something smokable with was done with just a flourescent shop light hanging in a spare bedroom closet. I didn't get much bud from that sad little plant but it got me high and I didn't have to pay someone for it. I've been obsessed with growing my own weed ever since.

Good luck!

4. A flouro tube will work fine for rooting clones. If you dont have anything yet and you're getting everything from scratch, though, you could save money and just get a CFL (6500k, daylight- set of 2 for $7), a lamp socket ($1), a lamp socket to AC connector($1), with an extension cord ($1), zip tie that apparatus to a small PVC frame and viola you have clones!