Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fixable

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by LetMeRollMyWeed, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Broke my bub while filling it. So pissed. Do you think krazy/gorilla glue will mend this together?

Attached Files:

2. Sucks about the piece! Um, I don't think crazy glue or whatever quick set glue will work.

In my limited experience of rigging glass, I used an industrial strength adhesive, in a caulking gun. It had a set time of 12 hours so I had to rig up a clamp or vice to hold the pieces together.

I cleaned both joints thoroughly, put a limted amount on the rim of one piece, making sure not to use too much or droop any into the piece, just a light coat.

Connect the two pieces and align the break, than make a layer around the break.

I did this repair about 2 months ago, and it's holding fine, stronger than the actual glass.

***Not sure if this could exactly apply to your bubbler, I'm not sure how much heat it would be exposed to. Although the product I used had a high thermal resistance, I used it on the joint of an ash catcher, far away from any potential heat.***

When it broke

[​IMG]

First light layer
    [​IMG]

First light layer
    [​IMG]

The joint broke off, along with a piece the exact size of the hole, I had to set that in place and align the break
    [​IMG]

After first layer cured
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is a picture I took as I'm replying, just used it a few minutes ago, good as gold.

[​IMG]

3. Yeah if you glue it with bad ass glue then itll work. If your lucky enough to find "J-B Weld" then use that. I fixed a crack in a cylinder head with that shit.

4. I recommend GB weld also! I had some in the basement when I grabbed the PL, could have used it then.

5. Damn son, canadian knowledge represent lol

6. Yeahh man, I'm living in the best part of ontario, north muskoka. Waddap trees peace out cities!

7. mine broke in the exact same spot
    get JB weld from like walmart and it will fix it