Fix car or sell it to junk for $

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by M3ssenger, Jan 6, 2013.

1. part the car and sell the good parts, junk the rest...the only thing worth anything on that car is your engine and it's shot. BUT, you will find guys that want that engine for parts, especially the block since it's an F23 there's a lot of guys who will mate an H22A head to it.

2. His car should actually have a H22, lots of decent priced parts that can be sold on it, if the interior is in good shape it could be sold for a decent amount as well.

3. true, the base does come with a H22A4 which is a dog, only motor worth a damn from a Prelude is the H22A which only came in the SiR and Type-S. The interior would be the biggest selling point, also the A/C components and all the heater components.

4. Bump

Just got this rav 4 '97 (free) with engine leaks (prob from manifold and oil pan) and bad catalytic converter. It is perfect though, no dents and runs good. But bad thing is, its 253k miles.
    Do I keep this car and sell my '91 corolla and broken '01 prelude and use the money to fix up be rav4?

Or should I sell the rav4 and corolla to fix up the prelude (185k) ? Prelude has costly major dent on side and engine leaks, timing belt leak, bad clutch, bad power steering belt, and crappy interior. Is it worth fixing up the prelude or the rav4? The corolla is too old to be drivin, even with only 150k miles.

Any help is appreciated

5. Is 253k on a Toyota that bad? Heard toyotas can run to 400k with proper care.

6. Scrap or sell for parts.

7. Nothings to old to be driven..but it depends on what you want man.. you either got an SUV or a prelude.. personally i'd sell corolla and rav4 and fix the prelude up because preludes are sick haha make it nice as fuck if you're into workin on cars. if not just keep the rav4. I'd go with the prelude tho. not to bad with the miles and hondas run forever if kept maintained

if you wanna go snowboardin with a car..obv the rav4 just think which you'd be happier driving

8. I would go with prelude but I hate driving stick now after the rav4

&&. Prelude was driven hard all its life

Mayb ill go get a bike lol

9. You ever ride before? If so what CC was it? Not trying to be a dick or nothing, just know a lot of people that went out and got things like CBR 600s and couldnt even ride them.

10. Take it to a trusted mechanic & ask him straight up if it's worth fixing. Your Rav4 if you live where there is snow is a great vehicle. Just weigh down the back with sand bags, & you're good to go! The prelude just looks cool, go for mpg & practicality