Fivethirtyeight.com optimistic about legalization of Cannabis

Discussion in 'General' started by Ypres, Feb 23, 2009.

1. As many of you know, fivethirtyeight.com is a political blog that used statistics to predict the presidential race, house races and senate races. They were absurdly close and the guys who run the website (Nate Silver, Sean Quinn and the other Sean) also comment on other political topics. They use statistics and formulas to predict nearly everything, it is really interesting stuff.

They now have a post up which shows the support for the legalization of marijuana to be increasing. It's a good read and supports what I have always thought, that marijuana will be legalized in 5-10 years. http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/02/americans-growing-kinder-to-bud.html

2. eh idk man. with obama we have shot, but who knows if the next guy will be all anti-drug and stuff. besides, america isn't usually the first to make a change like that. We were the last ones to abolish slavery, we still don't have free healthcare and shit....man i wana move

3. Hopefully Obama will get reelected. Probably in his second term, towards the end, he will accept marijuana for what it is and legalize it.

4. dude we don't have 5 years haven't you heard about 2012 :rolleyes:

5. Damn i really like it in north carolina but we will most likely be the last state to legalize mj. Hopefully it wont be but history usually repeats itself.

6. Actually, Nigeria was the last country to abolish slavery. And America usually is the change that the sheep follow.