Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fives Tips To Conserve Cannabis In Slow Economy

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Matt Mernagh, Mar 20, 2009.

1. I always just toke poppers to conserve weed.....

making a bucket (waterfall) also saves a fuck load of weed.... i could get 3 sessions (at least 3-4 buckets each time) with just a gram of high grade... next time you're at homehardware go to the plumbing section and look for a metal piece that could fit in a waterbottle cap. I got a sick peice that had one ende wider than the other- i put a screen in so its like a little bowl. Each popper would use .05-.1 at most, but since no smoke is being wasted (as all the smoke is being pulled into the bottle) your stash goes down very slowly.

remember smoking js and blunts are best way to waste your cronic, but if your smoking with a group they can also be the best way to save cronic (if you think everyones gunna get ripped off the roll)

2. Smoking every other day or less.

3. Four Toker Tips To Conserve Cannabis in a Slow Economy

1. No Joints
      \t\tObviously rolling a giant spliff with your just bought quarter isn't something you should consider if conserving cannabis is the goal. Even a 'I Just Scored Great Cannabis Celebratory Joint' is a now a no-no. In fact any joints outside of a pitched joint with friends is no longer allowed.
      \t\tDoobies are now reserved only for sessions with friends.
    2. Make Time For Toking
      \t\tSet aside a time of day, like 420 or 820 (first commercial in prime time), to inhale marijuana. Create some sort of reefer ritual. Though it's going to be a small amount of marijuana inhaled, a ritual of sorts lessens the pot shortage pain.
      \t\tPack a bong or a vaporizer.
    3. Bong Rips Only
      \t\tEnsure the bong is always clean. The goal is to pack a small amount but to achieve the maximum amount of marijuana high. When making time for the toke add ice for the silky smooth bong hit. Add a Beeline Hemp Line. These two little additions go long away in additional enjoyment, while not ruining anyone's budget.
      \t\tShare a bong rip with friends by slamming the side of the bowl. Not the direct center.
      \t\tEach person gets a piece of the bong rip.
    4. Use A Vaporizer
      \t\tStoners who receive severance pay should purchase a good weed vaporizer. An affordable vaporizer work wonders at saving a great deal of marijuana. A great marijuana vaporizer requires much less cannabis than a bong or joint while delivering a better marijuana high.

4. Wake and bake.

Smoking first thing is quite fun, and for some reason, I always feel higher in the morning, so toke only

a touch of bud in the morning and enjoy the increasecd high.

5. cannabis conservationist=growing up

sounds like a term a hip tv station by the name of FOX would use

6. Shit dude...I got a great way to conserve, dont smoke as much. Its crazy, you get higher, yet you smoke less weed every time you blaze cause your tolerance can only go down once you smoke upwards of five serious sessions a day, like I was.

7. The vaporizer is with out a doubt the way to go. I save my leftovers and do a QW-ISO. Seriously the best way to get your moneys worth.

8. #228 Heerbalist, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
    There's one tip i think is missing that could actually be the difference between a gram lasting 1 session to a gram lastion 2 sessions' a GRINDER!!.... in particular, an electric coffee grinder. i kno it seems really obvious but grinders are key when it comes to breaking your bud up to its potential. Many people argue that they can break up weed just as good as a grinder with their fingers; i dont give a fuck if ur edward scissor hands, a grinder will always do better. When breaking up ur weed with hand, many people dont realize that:
    1. PEEL THE WEED!!! somewhat like and onion! if you must pull, do not apply pressure to the bud. this compresses your weed and this is when you end up with little "weed balls"- these balls could be broken up much further, but due to the pressure from pulling and ripping the weed apart, it wont break down any further (w/o the help of a tool)
    2. Many crystals get stuck to your fingers. although it is not a huge amount, it adds up. and since it is, afterall, the thc crystals that get you high, you dont really want to lose any of those. in addition, little buds can stick to your fingers due to all the crystals and could fall off, loosing little piece by piece.

Coffee grinders are the single best tool for yeilding the highest amount of broken up weed from the bud.
    1. It takes literally 6 seconds to break up a bud of at least 1g. Not only does it break it up in much less time than you hands, but the yield can be mindblowing when dealing with kush and other high grade *********(ALWAYS GO HIGH GRADE OVER CHINA!!!! it better to get a smaller count of BOMB shit that will break up beautifully, rather than a large count of shitty china grade that will get you high for 30 mins and burnt out for an hour)
    2. No crystal will get stuck to your fingers, except for when you move the bud to the coffee grinder, and the ground up weed to your bowl/paper. IN ADDITION to not losing crystals, coffee grinders build up crystals soooooooo quikly that all the cristals that build up after grinding ONE gram could easily give you at least 5 bots. (i've yielded 13 bots from a .9 of kush- I had the chopped up .9 of kush [looked like a 1.2-1.3 after grinded] to smoke and the 13 bots made from the left over crystals from the grinder)

*** many smokers dont realise how much weed/money they could save just by ensuring they are getting the best out of their stash. Clumsiness, carelessness, or just not giving a shit causes many people to waste quite a bit of their weed. In addition of thinking of ways to conserve weed, think about how you WASTE your weed. for example. i used to be very careless when packing bowls for my bong- i had no more weed after havin 3.0gs for 2 days, and with no money i couldnt grad (3 grams in 2 days is pretty normal for me. ill usually smoke 2gs through bong each day) The amount of weed that i dropped on my desk in those 2 days, i was able to use in 3 pretty decent sized poppers- i usually do at least a .2-3. for poppers. Thats a full session i had got from that, but if it didnt fall on my desk, it would have been gone and i'd of had to buy another gram.

If it is really important to you to conserve your weed, as it is for me since i am one broke motherfucker, take the conservation tips outlined in this thread to heart and really think about how you usually waste your weed. Whether it be breaking up your bud improperly/impatiently or simply being careless with it, the amount of weed lost adds up more than you may think. remember, you may only be losing a .1 when grabbing a gram, but with a half o, you could be loosing several grams!

*************MAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR WEED!!*************

9. 1) buy large and split between friends, you know your friends going to want to buy the dank you got and would if he or she could, so you just buy enough to cover what they want. Then when you get home you can sell some sacks and have an equally devoted sesh.

2) The worst way to buy is by the gram. Therefore, since you followed advice in one make sure to double up on your stash size, buy at least an eighth for your self. Keep this big bag stashed and take out a dime or nick sized nug out for the days tokes.

3) Always buy canned beer. So, you can recycle it when your stash money supply gets low.

4) For personal tokes pack a small bowl that you know you can smoke with 1 rip out of a small pipe and ghost rip it. Take a small rip and hold it in until no or very little smoke comes out.

5) When your with your friends pack a fat bowl and forget conservation and have the best sesh you can because it could be your last for a while because you have no more bud money....What I have sown I have reaped.

Happy toking in these rough times...so glad I got some herb to smoke to have something to do.

10. haha why would you think its wasteful? :smoke: HATER!

11. These are great tips, and I have followed many of them during different stages of my life.

Right now, however, I'm living your normal stoners dream by legally possessing more cannabis, hashish and oil on a daily basis then I could possibly dream of doing! So I load the bong or blunt whenever I feel like it :smoking:

12. I find that it is harder to conserve when I buy larger amounts of bud. I can make a gram last me maybe 3 days TOPS if I reaaally stretch it, but then there are times I'll get like 7 g's and be quick to spark up blunts and shit and before you know it I'm on my last bowl within two days!

I try to buy gram at a time and stretching them out. Trust me, even an ounce can dissapear within a few days.

13. Not that I have to worry about conserving but..

If you think about, though, technically if you buy a larger quantity, and then weigh out a daily, rationed amount, then you wouldn't have to worry about that, and you'd save money by buying in bulk. I know easier said then done, but just an idea...:D:smoking:

14. dont get dutch masters or titins, if not that, dont get blunts; use minie blunts instead. or use a rello or a mini rello.
    or do what im doing now, try smoking bowls lol

i usuley get a qp at a time. i wrap it upin a few bags to kept the ait from it and i take out a few days worth at a time, maybe 10-12 grams. not only does this help me from smoking it all....if you see a fat sack your gona wanna smoke a fat sweet. also if a freind comes over he will see my small sack, not a big block of weed. i dont want them knowing i have a lot. if they do they will want to smoke it all with you over a few days time or they will try and jack you for it.

never show your hand, even when the game is over

15. i feel insulted when a friend just torches the entire bowl...i corner even when smoking by myself. i think it helps in conservation.

16. Def, more green hits to go around

17. The finger thing does suck but it works in a pinch. - In rain storms too!

18. whenever i pack my chillum for the day i always take a dime (happens to be just the right size) and secure it with a piece of masking tape.... a little longer on one side...then you can just undo one side and stick it back after you get a good hit...no smoke wasted and the bud doesn't fall out if it is in my pocket or rolling around the car seat......try it....love it quarters make nice bowl lids too

19. um...a bong is listed as something to help conserve weed? WRONG! Bongs filter pot through water...you see all that stuff in the water? you see the film on the glass? the color of the water? all waste. waste. waste. waste.
    get a little pipe. or one hitter. one hitters would have to be the single best way to conserve. pack small amounts of pot. amounts that couldn't make you cough. amounts that can be buried till no smoke comes out when you exhale. if you can't get the whole hit, immediately put your hand over any openings in the pipe to extinguish the smoldering bud. wait a few seconds...suck the rest of the stale smoke out of whatever little pipe you are using. wait a minute or so. if necessary, repeat.
    now...on buying in bulk, you should absolutely buy in bulk if you can get a deal (the whole point of this is conserving pot in order to conserve money, because of some financial crisis? ok. so, yes, buy pot as cheaply as you can (don't buy shwag, if your going to buy shwag, you can pay me...I'll let you shotgun a beer, blow a hit of burned hay in your face and punch you in the head for half the price of whatever you would otherwise pay for that sort of thing)...so, back to the point. take your ounce or half or whatever and first divide up 5 or 6 grams or 10 or 12 half gram units. READ: HIDE THESE AROUND YOUR HOUSE. Get high first, and hide them in places you never hide anything. the point is to lose them...next, you divide your remaining sack up into half eighths. 1.7 grams...do 1.5 because seven is a fucked up number...now you have little daily sacks, or two day sacks, whatever...three if your a real conservative ;) remember at the beggining of each day you ARE NOT going to have more than what your sack dictates. And when you finally finish the sack 5 fort-nights later, you can frak out for a little while until you remember you have little bits of pot all over your house! happy hunting! NO BONGS! joints are better than bongs not because they require less weed, but because they deliver more thc per hit than most other methods. you don't have to smoke the whole thing you know, and roach hunting is also fun. you don't throw a little bit of pot into an ashtray everytime you smoke a bong, so if it's your last bong it's your last bong. your last joint will turn into your last of a series of roaches, and usually after getting you high two or three times, not once.

20. Hey OP, your location says yongesterdam, are you referring to the one in Toronto?