Five Reasons Why Marijuana Should be Legalized

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Krickett8, Jul 11, 2012.

1. It's a debate that has raged on for ages, and seems to be gaining steam again lately, but I think it's high time (pun totally intended) to pull the trigger (or light the bong?) and make marijuana, weed, pot, hash, or whatever you want to call it, legal to possess and use.

Check out my blog for the five and tell me what you think... Five Reasons Marijuana Should be Legal

2. I'm not trying to rain on your parade here, just giving you some feedback.

#5 - As more and more prisons become privatized (which the reason they are becoming that way is because investors see a solid profit model in it), they'll continue to lobby to keep marijuana illegal in order to keep "demand" up (as if we don't have enough people incarcerated in the US, I know, I know), but it's all about money.

#4 - This is a sound argument, but unfortunately, the revenue generated towards private prisons, lawyers and the entire legal system as people spend thousands of dollars defending themselves charged with felonies against a plant is likely far greater. Not to mention current revenue streams feed a lot of the 1%, so you KNOW it's all about money.

#3 - (Cops response): "Uh, you want to take all the non-violent criminals that we prey on so hard off our radar so that we have to focus on the actual violent criminals? Uh, FUCK THAT. Keep that shit illegal, makes my job a hell of a lot easier and safer". (Life and medical insurance for that profession would likely shift with the deadly statistics and rise considerably too.)

#2 - (Big Pharma's response): "Fuck you very much. We like our profits. Get the fuck out of here with your plant that we cannot patent and control to charge insurance companies $300/joint for."

#1 - We already have "medical-grade" cannabis, and I promise you that someone growing marijuana for their own consumption is going to treat that with a hell of a lot more TLC than the Government or any other entity would. Corporations licensed to manufacture cannabis for resale would figure out how to make the CHEAPEST product so they can derive the MOST profit from it. Plain and simple (and MOST stoners aren't that damn picky as long as they get high). It would be OK legal weed at a high price to maximize tax revenue.

3. First page of the article, where it says that 28/56 joints could be made off an ounce, it would equate to 28 1 gram joints or 56 1/2 gram joints. Just pointing it out in case you able to edit the piece. Still some nice points though.

4. 5) doesn't hurt me
    4) doesn't hurt you
    3) tax revenue
    2) eliminate black market
    1) cheap dank bud

5. just a quick question. is it normale to eat 16 double cheeseburgers and a box of nutty barz after 2 joints? cause i do it all the time..