Fist grow with bag seeds

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Bluekade, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Hey everyone! Although I’ve been reading the forums a lot this is my first post and second grow.

Setup to start with:
    2x2x4 grow tent
    16 100W CFL
    10 bag seeds

Tonight I moved them into cups with coco coir. I plan to use the CFLs for the first week then a 600W MH (still in the mail). They kinda sprouted up faster then I had expected. I expect a few plants to be male or die so I’m playing it safe by sprouting 10 to start with.
    For the flower I plan to move them into a 2x4 tent with a 1000w HPS so they will have more room.

Attached Files:

2. Subbed for a 10/10 female sprout rate! Hahaha

Sent from Space

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Week 2

Updates:
    -Got my 600w MH light going
    -Started feeding plants Humboldt Nutrients (grow,micro,bloom)

Problems:
    -I probably got to big of a light for a 2x2 tent.
    -I had a hard time getting my thermometer to read right. When under the light.

Fixes:

To keep the temp down I’ve moved my dark cycle to the middle of the day when it’s the hottest. I am also pulling in air from my basement at a steady 72 degrees coming in and 85 degrees going out.

For the thermometer I’ve got a IR thermometer and take a reading from the tops of the leafs. With temps ranging from 80-86.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions I’d love to hear them, I only kinda know what I’m doing here.

Attached Files:

4. How many days since breaking through soil?
    They look a little leggy and stretched, like they've been searching for light...

Download a Lux meter app on your phone (Close enough) and work out what Lux level you're getting at the seedlings.

Everything else looks good and you've got the temps and airflow under control.

Mine got off to a very slow start due to poor lighting, where as I've seen plants at 9 days that ate bigger than mine are now at at 3-4 weeks.

Sent from Space

5. This is the 2nd week they have been out of the soil. The first week they where out they where in a little seeding/clone box by a window. So that first week they didn’t have lights on them at all.

6. Ah okay that might explain it, thata pretty much what I did to mine, gave them a slow start...

If they start getting too leggy, you can just bury them when you transplant next.

In the mean time just get that light height right, watch for burn, don't over water.

Sent from Space