Fishing

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by drumdude, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Now since that god damn ice is gone I go catch my daily bass errday. Luvv fishin

2. so my trunk in my old (broken down) car is broken so it wont close and it just sits in my driveway... and all i had in there was my tackle box and 2 fishing poles, one of the being an Ugly Stick rod with a Shakespere reel..... somebody came into my drive way and jacked my tackle box and my good rod... damn ive been through so much shit with that rod and i go to look in my trunk of it and its gone.... FUCK

3. love fishing ....... nothing more fun than fishing lake mille lacs, Mn .. pullin out 20+ inch walleye great eatin fish 2 ...... muskie fishing pike fishing ....... minnesota fishing awesome stuff plus blazin while fishing nothing beats that :smoking:

4. Fellow wrangler here...i love trout fishing the streams of western, pa! nothing like smoking a spliff right in the water!

5. anyone caught anything recently?

got a carp fishing trip planned with another Blade on the 9th April - cant wait to do a bit of dangling :D

6. nah not yet n 2 be honest ice fishing is just 2 borin unless i set up some tip ups 4 pike :D
    ill be catchin all of the fish n smokin all the bud :D :smoking:

7. #107 euphineas, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    I've been ice fishing twice this past winter, both being my first times ever going. The first time I went, I went with my dad, a few of his friends and my younger brother and we had a great time and caught tons of perch that day

[​IMG]
    And these are only the ones we kept!

Which we cooked up at home..

[​IMG]
    Double egg and bread crumb batter-ed with moose stew! :D
    It was sooo tasty!

The second time I went ice fishing, I was with a bunch of friends at a different area on the lake and we didn't catch so much....

But my main fishing is definitely fresh water trolling on Lake Ontario for Chinook Salmon and sometimes Rainbow Trout. Been doing it for going on seven years now! We're usually catching nice sized ones between 20-30+lbs, but of course we tend to catch the smaller ones too (which run as low as 1 pound! (which are the BEST tasting!)). My biggest catch to date is 32.84lbs :D

I caught that fish a few years back when I was ugly and listened to shitty emo music..
    [​IMG]

Random other Salmon shots! Because we all love pictures....
    [​IMG]

My dad's buddy and his son... 29lb King
    [​IMG]

My dad's 27lb King
    [​IMG]

I can't wait until the season starts :D:D

8. ^^^ Nice dude. I think I may have given you your first rep for posting up some good pics.

Keep us updated.

9. im going on 10000 fly fishing adventures this year

10. Of course . . . growing up in the mountains of NC and not fly fishing is just unforgivable.

11. i loooove fishing. i started when i lived in Texas, but I go all the time out here. theres a resevoir right by my house with bass and some others in it... pretty sweet and relaxing to chill and blaze while fishin. :smoking:

12. #112 wenahaone, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009

haha, wtf?

13. #113 Durchii, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
    Ahh... once I get back to Colorado on Saturday, I'm heading down to Brush Hollow Reservoir and scoring some Trout.

It snowed today, so they should be active so long as it doesn't totally freeze over and the weather stays slightly brisk.

:D

Ah, shit. Figures. Saturday we're supposed to see Rain/Snow and Heavy Winds until early on Sunday when I have school. I guess I'm fishing on Monday! All the better, really. It will be 50 Degrees. Much better than fucking 30.

14. there a new show coming on animal planet called river monsters looks cool its on this sunday at 9 central time

15. for the dude above me check this out hahah i posted this a while ago.... check out the youtube its sick its the exact same dude

AND IM FUCKING STOKED FOR IT WOOO ITS TONIGHT!!

16. hell yea! i LOVE fishing. dad first took me when i was 6... and i still have my first rod and still go from time to time. i think im gonna take some private fishing trips this summer, just me and mary jane.

a lot of people think fishing is boring, but regardless of the "fun" and the fish you catch, i often go just to think, meditate, and have some alone time. its necessary.

17. did u guys watch that River Monsters??? this guy is litterally the next bear grylls fucking hilarousssss

18. #118 Durchii, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    Fishing this last Monday was great. The weather was beautiful, no wind at all, and I came two feet away from breaking my three or four year fishing curse.

We were throwing Power Bait on bottom setups and giving these fish a serious feast. (Power Bait, as most of you know, doesn't hold hooks very well at all, especially in rocky terrain) Well, after about a half an hour, I felt a tug on my line, so I reeled slowly and felt that all-familiar 'nip-nip', waited for a few seconds, and then... YANK! Bam! Landed him.

At this point, I had a drink in my hand, which I rapidly tossed in the air and spilled all over my shirt, screaming like the Village Idiot, "Fish! FISH! Holy jumpin' fuckin' Jesus, fish!!" and reeling like a madman. I started to pull this guy up to shore, and about two feet before landing himself in my palms he grabs my bait and swims away. I went to full on war with this Trout. He must have been a 10 inch Browny, and he was also a Shore Hugger, because every time I would cast after that, he would find some way to wrassle my bait away from the Number 12 Tri-Hook I had on there. Son of a bitch.

The curse remains in effect. For now.

:laughing:

I've been seriously craving some Bass Fishing, but there's little to alleviate my urges in Colorado as we are a mostly Coldwater state. That warrants a great Trout stock, but leaves us Ultralite Bass guys in the dark. There are supposed to be a few areas that you can take a good Baitcast Rod out to and find some Smallmouth, but I have yet to see any around here. Perhaps this calls for a road trip.

19. I went 2 summers ago. I caught a 52 inch one
    [​IMG]
    I wish I would have picked it up more but them fish are slippery
    [​IMG]
    Little guy 17inch i believe
    [​IMG]
    20-some inch one
    [​IMG]
    Little Catfish(stone cat)
    [​IMG]
    Walleye

I had a good night catching all of them but the catfish

20. really? There's got to be somewhere to catch bass a little east of Colorado Springs? ...maybe not. I guess your up a few thousand feet, the elevation declines really slowly as you go east.