Fishing

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by drumdude, Aug 9, 2008.

1. this summer is going to be the best.

going to lake michigan to fish for salmon with a couple buddies, fishing on my friend's lake that is killer for largemouth... I'm talking a 16+ incher almost every other cast

2. #82 mattc707, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    It's a white spinnerbait, 3/8oz I believe. I like spinnerbaits, I seem to have pretty good luck with em.

Got back out there again today, got another one. This time on a jig, a little better for the colder water. I think it was 1/2oz. Can't wait for spawn to pick up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. man i used to have that lure... i technically still do have it but idk what happened the hook got snapped off when i was fishing one day and ive tried to use a different hook on it but it just doesnt work

4. Icefishing baby!!

5. Screw ice fishing man...Deep sea fishing is where it's at...on that note, I have a craving for some fresh scallops atm...or some grouper...of man I'd love to have some grouper atm. Guess I need to get my ass out tonight and go get some huh?!

6. damn perch is really good fresh:D

7. i love soft plastics. they rape the lakes around here (oakland county michigan)

8. 4sho i love fishing, i live in a somewhat rural area here in florida about 3 miles from any gas station but its so nice because i live on a lake an all i do is just push the boat out and go out there smoke a L haha catch some spec trout or bass.. its jus a PAIN in tha ass trying to hit a bowl on a windy day on tha boat lmao youll be halfway thru a bowl gettin all frustrated cuz you cant get the lighter to light cuz the winds blowin..
    ps. hydro all day fuck commercial brick ;)

9. for huge bass fishing fans...

look up "chompers grubs"

they come in different colors and sizes.. usually in a pinkish package
    I find that watermelon red-flake works the best for smallies.
    they infuse the grubs with salt and garlic and they smell ALLLL day, even after catching 10+ fish on the thing.

fish with teeth fuck these things up though.. they're not very tough you'll easily use a package in a day

10. its getting a little warmer// cant wait to get fishing again man!! im dying to go hahah

so im kinda bummed out..... my uncle invited me to go catfishing with him one Feb 14 or valentines day, and i said no to hangout wiht my girlfriend

fucking guy caught a 63 lb blue catfish!!!! ahaha i was so pissed that i missed that..... o well there will be other monsters for me to catch all in due time

11. phillie, DAMN i can imagine how you felt when you found out lol
    btw, anyone into sturgeon? i had a few pictures but that computer is dead thanks to my fat aunt..

12. yeah dude it fucking SUCKED!

and na but id love to catch a sturgeon! fucking massive beasts hahaha

oh and for all u Fish lovers catch animal planet on april 5th! new series called "River Monsters" this guy goes out and literally catches monsters haha just look up on youtube

Nature Shock 4/5: Flesh Eating River Monster and fast forward to 8 minutes... this is the guy that will be hosting it and hes like the bear grylls of fishing haha its fucking awesome!

13. nah, I'm one of those purist catch and release fly-fisherman salmonoid snobs.:cool::p

no, I'll actually go for some warmwater fish once in a while, and I'll also use a spin caster, but I usually cut off the two extra hooks and de barb the other. I'll fish powerbait off the bottom if I fish an alpine lake with a bunch of little brookies. that's usually the only time I keep em.:yummy:

14. nothing like fishing with a few beers some smoke.....i cant wait now haha....

15. Yup go every year up to lake Athapapuskow in Canada. It's way the hell up there but the fishing is untouchable in my opinion.

16. catch of the day
    [​IMG]

prolly a good 6lbs almost a "gator" trout

takin a trip next weekend down to SW florida, snook fishing is really heating up so I hope I can bust a few of em. If not those trout ^ are everywhere and i know ill boat a few of em and hopefully a redfish to complete the day

17. i like to fish i planning to go out trout on the first day

18. fishing on a lake with a case of beer and a bag of weed... blissfulness.

19. Yeah that show looks badass. Can't wait to see wtf he pulls in on typical rod and reel

20. i cant wait for it... APRIL 5th!!! ahaha and im definitely gonna start taking my little raft out this summer by myself.... most peaceful thing in the world to be fishing on the water all by your self.... with some weed