Fishing

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by drumdude, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Have you ever cooked perch with the skin on it still, just descale it first. mmm, that shiit is so tasty.

2. Damn! Those are some fattys. Nice catch man:D

3. I love fishing!!

Some of my better efforts: :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. my family is all from Erie hear in PA, so every time i go up we fish the hell outa it. my dads friends all have boats so we do mad perch fishing, we go out on the Ohio side were the limit is 100 for every person on the boat. we fish while the rents get all drunk and shit and catch their fish for them. one year i caught an 8lb steelhead outa one of the rivers, boy let me tell you steelhead is were its at.
    i live further south along the Yellow Breeches, some of the best fly fishing around baby.

5. LOVE IT. Nothing better to relax and be outside enjoying nature.

Actually heading down to the folks' shorehouse on the CHesapeak bay in maryland tomorrow, not sure if anything will be biting this early though..

But we catch massive catfish regularly, as well as lots of white and some yellow perch.

6. EXACT same yellow perch I get in the CHesapeake. :) U eat these guys? I've only gotten a few big enough to consider eating.

7. pier fishing is the shit

8. ice fishing is the shit. i love vt.

9. Anyone here know when perch start biting in jersey? My friends say march so we're goi g this weekend but i'm kinda doubtful. Any advice on perch would be greatly appreciated. I never went perch fishing before but I heard it's really exciting with a lot of bites on a good day. Any help or links would be most appreciated :)

10. we would catch them in all sizes, i really cant remember how big they were. they wouldnt have lived even if you put them back with the depth change and all. but wed also catch white perch and the little stripe bass i think it might be the hybrid. the best part was when wed catch the sheepshead, they were trash fish but sumtimes youd get a monster.

11. i love to fish, durring the summer i got down to the lake of the ozarks and i know i couple of good spots. never fished high tho thought i might have been when my friend son pulled up a blue cat fish :eek:

12. Ahh, Perch Fishing.

We used to take our boat to Lake Geneva in Illinois several times a year when I lived there, catching Rock Bass, Perch, the occasional Lake Trout and Pike... huge Pike. You were practically guaranteed a fish with nearly every cast.

I do miss that. Colorado fishing leaves much to be desired, unfortunately...

13. here in mass we got the quabin its like bostins water supply or something, but it was once 4 citys now its a huge artificial lake

14. Got back out there for the first time in a long while today :) It was really nice, other than bringing way too much gear (I can never decide and I don't wanna leave the 'hot lures' at home) in a bag that wasn't a backpack, just switching off hands as I walked around and bank fished that whole lake. By the end, that bag felt like it weighed tons.

Only caught one, no more than a few pounder, but it was a great reminder of why I love this! I've been missin' out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. i used to have that lure, bass love it :)

16. i tossed the throw-net in a few times this weekend down in The Chesapeake Bay (actually, the mouth of a river/tributary of the bay) .... didn't get a single fishy. Didn't see anything either. Tide was way low.

17. so excited for spring, me and my pops do a trip up near mount khatahdin at a remote trout pond called slaughter pond.. cant wait.

Also, cant wait for the stripers and the bluefish this summer!
    hopefully the stripers are better then they were last year.. too many small schoolies :(

18. i went striper fishing in the chesapeake last year for the first time

unbelievable!

stands as one of my top 5 fishing experience ever i caught like a 25lb one im gonna try to see if my uncle will send me the pic so i can post it

19. yeah, they're out there. I usually just fish off our dock, but my dad takes the boats out into the bay and tries occasionally. We've never had very much luck with stripers though.

I've seen some big ass dead ones and absolutely huge ones jumping out of the water though.

20. my uncle is one of this die-hard fishing fanatics that is LOADED, so taking me out with his family to go striper fishing is just one of the many fishing trips he takes a year....

in april last year i went on the James River in VA with him on his boat, we fished for american shad for about an hour and half, probably caught like 12, kept them cut em up, went catfishing for the rest of the day.... now THOSE things are huge, or can get huge haha....

hes also got mad connections through his job, so when i was in 10th grade, he took me to 3 different "farm ponds"..... that day we didnt catch a largemouth that was under 2 lbs, it was incredible....

just wish i could have blazed during all of that hahaha