Fishing

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by drumdude, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Literally dinosaurs yes,
    I've never caught one either,
    I did watch somebody bring one in tho,
    It's funny 'cause after all that you must let it go.
    Not that I'm complaining tho,
    Wouldn't want to eat that.

2. letting fish go is more rewarding then eating them.

3. Depends on what you are catching.... lol

I love letting fish go, too. Unless they are a mass species in the area, and are delicious like perch where I'm from. I always let my bass, pike, musky, etc. go with a "see ya again when you grow up!"

4. Not when i'm hungry, lol...

5. im "hooked" for life:p

6. Got a new Penn rod and reel combo today for 60 bucks and had to try it out at my local
    pier. Caught a shitload of Spot, a couple of Sea Robins, some Black Sea Bass and a few
    crabs. Loved every minute of it.

7. Haha......you said crabs.

8. fishing kicks ass!

9. Went again today for a couple of hours and got pretty much skunked. Caught a puffer
    and a croaker, neither one much over four inches. Other than that I was feeding the
    crabs again.

10. Where are you fishing Blix?

11. I went fishing for the first time last night. It was pretty awesome!
    Got my line tangled a few times, but it's no big deal... simple beginner mistakes.
    My buddy also got his first catch ever!
    It was a really tiny fish, only about 5-6"... we didn't have a scale, but I'd say 1-2 lbs. at most.
    Poor thing didn't make it back into the river. It completely swallowed the hook and nearly killed itself. We had to finish it off. :(
    Also, I have no idea what kind of fish it was.
    Going back out tonight! I got the casting out thing down for the most part, so hopefully I can start reelin' 'em in. :D

12. I went fishing on lake michigan yesterday on a charter boat, Caught a king salmon on the way back from a 4 hour trip. I wasnt disappointed, Its the biggest fish ive ever caught. 13 pounds, I think thats decent... im not sure though lol, like i said, never went salmon fishing before

13. good luck dude!
    who cares what kind of fish eh,
    as long as it puts up a nice fight.

I personally love catching jack,
    put up a good fight and usually let em go due to "y" bone.

(if anyone knows how to cut the "y" bone let me know)
    they are tastey things, and i'll be set.

14. Just got back from another day out on the river.
    Didn't catch anything, but we saw quite a few jump out of the water here and there.
    Hoping tomorrow turns out a little better!
    Even without catching anything, I love spending time out by the river.

15. The Chesapeake Bay.

No fishing today or tomorrow. It's raining. :(

16. love fishing. especially saltwater fishing because you never know what you might catch

17. BUMP for my love of fishing!!

18. Was out fishing last week at a buddies lake. Caught a lot of good sized crappie right at sunset on a silver Blue Fox.

19. belive it or not if a fish takes the hook to deep and u dont want to hill it, u can cut the line and the fishes body will actually break down the hook eventually. if it was a big treble hook or something then yea maybe was best to kill it. sometimes a fish wont live in that case feed it back to the forest.