Fishing?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Dizzy, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Anybody Love Fishing On Here? I Used To Go With My Dad All The Times When I was a Lil Girl back in Jamaica an Even Later on After We Came to Americaa too I Just Went Mainly Because I Wanted to Hear My Dad Tell Me Stories an because I Was Always The Closest To Him of All His Kids an He Loved to Go Fishing. Somebody Else Think it's Fun?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Fishing is my absolute favorite thing in the world.

Fly fish all summer
    ice fish all winter

:)

hope your doing well Dizzy

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Absolutely, the river was about 100 yards behind our house. Played and fished on that river my whole life.

• Winner Winner x 1

4. YAY! Thank You For The Reply @JKill @Jmesl8er You Guys an My Dad Would Have Got Along Well that's For Sure. Much Respect an I Glad To See You Caught that Big Bad Boy in The Pic Too JKill! Have You Guys Ever Fish in The Ocean Too?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  5. Never in the ocean for me.

• Informative Informative x 1

6. Oh Ok I was J/W My Dad Done that every Once ina While Back in Jamaica :) What's The Biggest you ever Caught?

~Toni~

7. I bet the water was amazing down there for fishing. Sounds like you guys had some good times fishing. Probably 40 or 50lb catfish. Couple 2 or 3lb trout. And yourself?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. i've never even seen the Ocean or Sea.

maybe one day!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Oh I Can't Remember How Much they Weigh Sorry but we Have Caught Big Ones in The Past. IK There some Huge Catfish Out There tho. Also Some Really Big an Unique Fish in The Ocean Too.

Ohhh Where Do You Live if You Don't Mind Me Asking? I Hope You Get To See The Ocean or Sea Someday!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  10. I grew up fishing with my old man and Grandad. I have so many fond memories of those misty mornings on the lake. Plenty of fishing from the coast as well.

I haven't fished in years, but I bought a boat recently and spending so much more time on the water I've been getting back into fishing. The little lad has been loving it too.

10400032_10152234587796500_680671664003701184_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1

11. Adorable Pic AR :D It's Good You Getting Back into Fishing tho. My Dad Always Used to Say it Calms Him to Be On The Water Alot.

~Toni~

12. Pretty much all Saltwater fishing for me. Haven't been Freshwater fishing in years.
    I'm experimenting with salting squid for bait right now. If it works it'll save me a bunch
    of money. Squid's cheap, but doesn't stay fresh for long and doesn't refreeze well.
    Bloodworms cost a bloody fortune.

13. Mostly saltwater fishing for me too. Mostly surf,pier and in the inlets. Mostly fishing for flounder to cook up and anything I get in between is a bonus.
    Any freshwater is in the ponds we have at work. Yea I fish while I’m on the clock. During the summer we have fishing tournaments,

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Fishing is my absolute passion and is the biggest sport here in the UK. Mainly freshwater, we have alot of small lakes and pools which hold carp. I know carp are considered a pest in most of US but here they are highly prized and some big ones can be worth thousands of pounds (obviously leading to fish theft occasionally). I prefer rivers and vast quarry lakes, in the summer this is mainly all I do and I cannot wait for the weather to pick up. Your Dad sounds like an amazing guy and what a sweet memory to hold. It was also my dad and grandad that inspired me when I was younger, now it's nostalgic, peaceful and really good for my mind and soul!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I miss fishing. Currently landlocked.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Poor You :(

17. I went fishing a few times as a kid. I'm squimish about baiting the hook..just worms in general. Don't really eat fish, other than the kind that's served at a fish fry. And I'd probably be accused of complaining too much if it's super humid outside.

But being out on a lake enjoying the fresh air and sunshine sounds lovely!

18. I've been fishing my whole life but recently been smoking and it's great. Got this cat yesterday was about 5lbs. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. #19 emmajohn1944, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    Salutations! Also a newbie. Here I found instructions on how to string a fishing pole. Don't be afraid to express yourself.

20. Ocean and lake. Got boats for both and some wave runners. Yellowtail and dorado are two of my favorite.