Fishers united.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dreadlocker, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Wassup all my grasscity fishers. Fishing is an ancient pastime and one that i LOVE. When i was young I learned to fish using worms, spinners, the normal stuff. Now I only fly flish.

My favorite fish are....

Trout
    Salmon
    Carp
    Bass
    Panfish
    Steelhead and SRC
    Pike

I like to fish rivers mostly, the smaller the better. I also like to fish in lakes from my canoe or beach fishing at the ocean. My biggest catch to date is a 55 lb king salmon on the kenia.

I often fish world famous water such as the columbia river basin and the st joe river. I also like to fish the yellowstone drainage.

Anyways what do you fish for?

2. Shit, I'll fish for anything.

But as for area here, I usually catch basses, or camp overnight catching gars and catfishes(great for sitting out and smoke crapload of weed).

3. I live on the river here in FL, ocean is like 5 miles from me. I can't get enough of the trout, there isn't anything like going to the canal, pulling up 3-5 trout and fileting em' up for trout sandwiches :)

Also alot of redfish and snook around here, mangrove snappers, sheepshead, you name it and i've caught it in banana river!

-Mark

4. oh i only catch and release. if the fish wont live through a release ill keep it and eat it.

i think its the only way to be a resoponsible sportsfisher. Put em back to let them grow and conserve our fish for future generations.

5. Nice bro, I have a fly fishing reel that came with a Daiwa that I got but never had the chance to experiment with it. My uncle fly fishes all the time and offered to teach me but just haven't had the time. My personal favorite place to fish is the ocean. You can pull up almost anything depending on the time of year. I usually like to go with two poles. One with a nice hunk of squid or baitfish and the other I'll use for jigging. Jigging is probably my favorite way to fish cause I feel like I am actually trying to fool the fish into biting rather than just tossing your line in and waiting. Fishing and blazing a fatty FTW!

6. excellent. yea thats the difference between bait and fly. bait fishing you just see what u can catch. fly you see what you can fool. a battle of the wits. both ways are fun. There is a real connection between man and fish. we are from different worlds.

7. One of the most exciting ways to fish here in the river is wait till it gets fairly clear and I bust out my Hawaiian sling, got a 27 inch snook two years ago in the mangroves :O

-Mark