Fish

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by I vape that, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 I vape that, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
    I have a pond out back of my house, like a 1 acre pond filled with bass, bream, crappy. I was wondering if I caught a few and gave them to a friend who is growing, will it helps his plants out?

How would he have to put in around is plants for it to help? would he have to dig a hole, put the fish in, then dirt, then the plant? or could he cut it up and put it around the top of the soil?

All help is greatly appreciated in advance!

2. #2 Lion, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
    I'm not sure exactly what element it's adding to the soil mixture (K Potassium, or P Phosphorus) but I am sure it does indeed help. Experienced growers will use a good sized trout, and actually let it decay by their plant. It's not uncommon, and helps a great deal. I believe just placing the fish about 5 Inches away from the stem is how it's done, I could be wrong.

3. yeah that's right.

4. Great source of macro and micro nutrients. American Indians used to bury them under their corn. The only problem with burying them is that it invites the chance of a raccoon or some other animal digging it up. Same thing with using blood or bone meal. That is probably the reason that people put it on top of the soil in the vicinity of their plants instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.