Fish Water??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Slacker69, Mar 5, 2008.

1. NOw I've read up thats marijuana plants actually lovefish water but has anybody evere tried to actually grow with hydroponics with fish water?. Like make a special lid and just put your plants right on top of the tank.

:smoking:

2. Never heard of anyone trying that. Are you maybe thinking of Fish Emulsion? Plants love that because it is high in N.

3. hmm they might, i wouldn't see why plants wouldn't like fish water.

does that N stand for Nitrate or Nitrite? Because one of them is completely harmful to fish.

4. A guy I work with claims to have grown a plant in a fish tank(with a fish living inside). He said it lived for a few years, and he harvested it several times, but I don't know whether or not to believe him.

5. The N is for Nitrogen which is used by the plant to make new growth. I'm no expert on this, but i can't think of any benefit for growing your plant in a fish tank with fish in it. You can't add any ferts if you want the fish to live. Seems more like a novelty thing to me, but correct me if i am wrong.

6. considering fish need their water to have a ph of 8 and our plants need 6.5... neither of them are going to be happy no matter what you keep it at. I would have to see pics to believe you could harvest a plant out of a fish tank. I think it's possibe to veg one.

7. Funny thread. First off, if you dont know what the "N" stands for, then you shouldnt give advice or opinions on whether something will work or not. Secondly, lol! as dex put it, you need your ph dialed into a level which isnt suitable for fish. Guaranteed you can not pull off growing MJ in your fish tank with fish in it. LOL

8. While I've yet to try the aquaponic thing, it does interest me and has been done very successfully and with as much or as little fuss as you want to put into it.

Just google "aquaponic marijuana" and bring a lunch :D, lots of stuff out there. The 4th link has a really nice thread on the easy way.

Peace - OGH

9. adding fish means adding more ferts.
    have any of you kept aquariums as a hobby?

i'll have to agree, adding a fish means you'll have to care for two things.
    just focus on the plant and you'll have a healthy grow

10. This is true and false.... Not all fish require a pH of 8, some fish require high ph like african cichlids and other fish require acidic water, you could keep soft water species in there. like neons, coryadoras and some species of angelfish

Hey, two words: Nitrogen Cycle.
    Fish and waste release ammonia which turns into nitrite bacteria, which then turns into nitrites, which turns into nitrate bacteria, which turns into Nitrate, which is taken in by plants.

I thought i would just put this out there. i've been keeping a 90 gallon community aquarium for about 8 years now. i got a 300 watt light fixture for it too, maybe i should use that light to grow some mj :)