Fish Tank Water

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bozie, Jun 16, 2013.

1. 1371408432829.jpg I have a 5ft fish tank with carp I've heard of people doing what's called aquaponics which is like hydro but using fish instead of bottle or home brew nutes. Now my question is would it be possible to use the water out of my fish tank to put in my soil instead of my nutes for a more organic grow bare in mind I feed live food such as larvi maggots worms and pellets foods as well. Would this be better for my babies as I know it works for my house plants

2. its just caise fish water is genrally filtered and oxygenated as well as full of nitrate so good for vegging plants

3. Cool know what I'm using now lol

4. I've been wondering the same thing .. How is your set up bozie .. Updated grow box pics?? I'll be back in town tomorrow so I'm hoping on starting my grow box asap

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. What are the current chemical levels in your aquarium?

6. Experiment, give it a go, there are several cool vids on you tube on aquaponics ..really all it is, using a DWC setup and keeping fish in your 33 gallon res. mind you ...you do have to be an organic type of guy to go this way

plants feed fish ..............fish feed plants!

So the question is, how many carp to the cannabis plants? ....lol

7. my levels in my tank are at just under 7ph nitrates are fairly low as I change water once a month and filters ever 3 days