fish tank reservoir

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by holyhydro, Mar 17, 2011.

1. has anyone ever done it?had good success?i know id have to paint it black but has anyone ran into any problems or anything?id appreciate the help

2. Guess it would work...
    Needs to be light tight or you're going to be growing green in the reservoir too (algae).. :p

3. i thought about geting one because you can get a 50 gallon fish tank for cheaper than a hydroponic res. i finally opted away from that because figure glass breaks and im a cluts.

4. Well I have a 5 site ebb and flo for my mothers and I went to Home D Poo and got a 35gal tote, popped 2 small holes in the top for the lines... Its black with a yellow top.. It was like 15 bucks.. Been using it for just over a year with no algae problems..

5. Fish reared in the home provides the opportunity to fish close and personal. I can learn the unique behavior of the fish in the tank, I can not do, even in the reservoir or pond.

6. Here's something I have heard of people doing for vegetables in regards to fish tanks. They will use fish tanks that are twice as large as they need them to be and then stock the fish tanks with fish and Plecostomus. The Plecostomus will take care of any algae that may try to grow in the tank, and the fish provide all of the nutrients that the plants need to grow. So basically there is no money that needs to be spent on nutrients. I don't know how well that would work with MJ though.