fish tank grow box thing :p

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by exile54, Jan 28, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    okay what you see here, a very crude caveman design of what i'm going for xD

Its a fish tank, with mylar covering all corners and ill have a sheet of mylar covering the front, which i can remove to check on plant etc. The things at the top and bottom corners are supposed to be fans, like computer fans. ill be running the wires out of the tank, but there is airflow. The things on the side of the boxes are supposed to be power trips, with velcro behind them, and the little socket things for 3 bulbs per strip. i plan on moving those velcro strips + the lights up as the plant begins to grow. or i can just add more light strips and just move the lights. In all essence i think it should work, for soil id be using fox farm oceanic and a pot, well reg pot. seeds, uhh all types lmao bagseed mostley. So blades do you think its possible or an idea that shuld be flushed down the drain. haha :p

2. worth a shot...

3. Sounds logical, but how are you gonna drill through that tank?

4. :D

I'd use some wood paneling or something that is already light proof and easier to cut through. The glass really serves no benefit over any other substance that I can think of :confused: