Fish shit?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Stovestove, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Hey anyone ever use this stuff? I was given a sample from my local hydro shop and cannot find anything on the web other than their own page. Is this bs? Or some state of the art. I’ve seen a coy fish Rez for organic areponics but how is it in soil? Any info or opinions are greatly appreciated! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I’ve now seen it all. I clean my aquarium every few weeks, I use that to water my canna.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. quality would depend on what the fish ate.
    regardless, if its free use it but i wouldn't bother buying bottled shit, fish or otherwise.

4. You might as well go down your local aquarium or fish shop and ask them for there fish shit if you can get it free.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It's BS. State of the art? There are no shortcuts to a healthy, bountiful cannabis harvest. The same basic techniques to grow cannabis are the same as growing a flowering mum. No fish caca needed.

Cricket shit, fish shit, Bull Shit. Stick to the good shit :smoking-banana:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. how can it be bs? it clearly says FISH shit...Bolt

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. What about bat shit? So guano isn’t good for soil? Not being sarcastic or argumentative just wondering you POV on it

• Like Like x 2
  8. I've used it. In veg. I'll tell you one thing. It stinks. I opened the bottle one day and my buddy almost puked his guts out. I can't tell you if it helps, but this run, my root mass is twice as big as other runs. I also have started mycorrhizae in my veg state so I'm sure that helps too. There has been 0 negatives using fish shit as of yet except for the stink.

• Like Like x 2

9. As long as one doesnt get lured in by an elixir or amendment being the 'end all for the win' I've got no argument. I can say unequivocally i wouldnt use the fish goop but that's just me.

I think bat guano is fine though overpriced and I've become accustomed to supplying the P, K, via other routes such as bone meal, fish meal, kelp, and a couple of different kinds of both composted chicken scratchings and ewc. A lot of organophiles swear by guano. Nothing wrong with that chart.

10. bat guano can potentially carry disease, not to mention the harvesting of it destroys the habitat of the bats.

• Like Like x 1
  11. See that I didn’t know. I don’t like using stuff that hurts ecosystems just to make the ecosystem better in my garden. Thanks for that info!

• Like Like x 1
  12. They called it fish emulsion back in my day, and yes, it works really good for plant food.

13. If you like it, start an aquarium and do it yourself. Don't pay money to have poopy fish water shipped across the country. There is a place in Anchorage AK that grows veggies inside during the winter using fish waste as primary nutrients. They have aquariums full of fish. I wish I could think of the name, its quite interesting, but not my cup of tea. Think about it like starting a worm bin.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  14. goldfish poop a lot, just sayin.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Yeah it’s really expensive but I have a box of samples I’m using on a clone. Seems to like it but I actually just started a worm bin. I’m switching over to organic. The nftg line is awesome and I’m having great results with it

16. Just wanted to chime in again on this product. I have been using this for the last few months and am amazed at the increased growth of my plants. Massive roots and vigorous growth. I spent spent a couple hours with the owner/founder of fish shit and learned quite a bit. I'll add some pics later showing some of what I'm talking about. But if you got the dough, buy it. Don't believe me? You can order a free sample for shipping only. I originally received a free sample from my grow shop last year and buy it regularly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I could forsee it working as maybe a way to add organic matter. I don’t see how it would hold any nutritional quality for the plant / soil. Fish live, eat, and shit in water. Looks to me like it’s something you’re supposed to mix with water and then water in, right? The benefit to “mix-and-drench” nutrients is usually to provide a quick acting, quick release, water soluble feeding. Anything that could be dissolved into water to be fed to a plant would, theoretically, have already leached out into the aquarium water. @FickySiskers idea seems far more logical than the use of the product in question.

But that’s just my 2¢.

18. I am in my 4th grow with this! Damn, it works good! I did a test on three plants, one with, two without. The one blew it up.. all three were same clones, same mother. Trust me, you will believe.
    It’s so funny. I did see the one post about guy cleaning his fish tanks and using on his plants. 30 years ago, my brother had over 35, 55 gal tanks going in his basement. He would use the stuff on his house plants and swore by it! True!
    I did notice bigger roots when I emptied my pots. I am small time. 4x4 under 600 w metel. Co2 in tent. I take down just over 1 pound.

19. what was in the other two pots?

20. Sorry. I am under a full range of general hydro. So, all three got the same stuff. Except for the fish shit.