Fish Prime in hydro question??

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by SleeplessFool, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Heres a question for any hydro users out there.

Has anyone tried using Fish Tank Prime to remove chlorine from tap water added to the res?

I know most use RO water, but lets say you have a 50 gallon res and just want to add tap water right back in without letting it sit over night. Whats everyones opinion on this?

2. I'm unsure if you can actually ADD something to try to take something out of a mix. Unless it caused a reaction with the chlorine to evaporate it.... but wouldn't that make chlorine gas? That doesn't sound safe.

I think the Fish tank prime just conditions the water. It doesn't necessarily remove chlorine from the water, but makes it non-lethal for fish. May have a bit of PH adjusting agent in it too. It's for fish, not marijuana.

Can you grow in your tap water? A lot of people have suitable tap water. If it works after evaporation, try growing a plant in water that is directly from the tap. It's an incredibly subjective issue, since your water quality and contents would dictate what you should do. A little experimenting never did much harm.

If you can't grow in it, adding back will just cause problems. You can get an RO filter for 64 shipped CONUS on purewaterclub.com. It pays for itself in your final product.

3. Just to give a heads up, found out the hard way, the ones that say "DI" means "deionized", and di'd h2o can mess up some ph meters.