Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

fish oil pills and edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by hempknockerz, Feb 2, 2018.

1. I usually take fish oil pills after my workouts, and i read alot about eating something fatty with edibles to get the most out of the high. What if i took my omega 3 fish oil pills with the edibles? or is it better to just eat something greasy like melted cheese

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fish oil is still oil, and should work as well as cheese, but the fish oil volume might be much less than cheese volume.
    A few nuts furnishes a nice fat source.

• Like Like x 1
  3. alright cool. I got some nuts, ill just eat a little of all of em. Do you know if taking an antaacid like tums before edibles will help get the most out of it? it weakens the acid in your stomach and lets the THC actually get absorbed before the acid eats it all away

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Joker1121, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    The antacid will not help.
    1/10/2019 LOL reading this nearly a year later I have no idea why I said antacids would not help. I don't know the answer though it seems I thought I did last year.

5. Agree with Joker.
    I could find a few testimonials, but no proof.
    Antacids are also missing from most lists of things about how to get higher.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The fish oil is not a quick fix! it takes a month of using it to see any effect.

Here's how it works- the way you get high is that a molecule of THC binds with and activates a CB1 receptor. That sends a message to the G i/o effector protein which acts like a speaker that sends the message of "I'm high" or "stop the pain" into your cells! A lack of Omega 3 in your diet causes receptors to be made imperfectly so the message does not get into your cells. This affects your ability to get high or heal with cannabis! (It also explains why our society is so crazy!)

“Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.” (PubMed) “The corollaries of the obesity epidemic that plagues developed societies are malnutrition and resulting biochemical imbalances. Low levels of essential n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3 PUFAs) have been linked to neuropsychiatric diseases, but the underlying synaptic alterations are mostly unknown. We found that lifelong n-3 PUFAs dietary insufficiency specifically ablates long-term synaptic depression mediated by endocannabinoids in the prelimbic prefrontal cortex and accumbens. In n-3-deficient mice, presynaptic cannabinoid CB(1) receptors (CB(1)Rs) normally responding to endocannabinoids were uncoupled from their effector G(i/o) proteins. Finally, the dietary-induced reduction of CB(1)R functions in mood-controlling structures was associated with impaired emotional behavior. These findings identify a plausible synaptic substrate for the behavioral alterations caused by the n-3 PUFAs deficiency that is often observed in western diets.”

“Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions” Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. - PubMed - NCBI

Now, a 3 or 4 parts Omega 6 to every 1 part Omega 3 is the optimal mix for human health. :yay: However, our modern diet can give us as much as 50 parts Omega 6 to every 1 part Omega 3! :eek2: This throws our endocannabinoid system way out of balance and increases inflammation. FYI - inflammation is bad and increases your risk of heart trouble, strokes, and autoimmune diseases.

“The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids” The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids. - PubMed - NCBI

“Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today's Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, whereas increased levels of omega-3 PUFA (a low omega-6/omega-3 ratio) exert suppressive effects.”

Another article on this is

How too much omega-6 and not enough omega-3 is making us sick
    https://chriskresser.com/how-too-much-omega-6-and-not-enough-omega-3-is-making-us-sick/

So to get higher and improve your health, take your Omega 3 every day (fish oil pills, wild-caught ocean fish, flax seed, hemp seed and walnuts are all sources of Omega 3). After about a month of using Omega 3, your high will begin to improve as your endocannabinoid system heals itself. :smoking:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1