fish emulsion

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grateful33, Apr 13, 2007.

1. i heard some good and bad about this stuff. can anyone give some pros or cons to using it. i have a bottle of it and i'm about ready to start ferts. should i try it or not?

2. The good is that it works great, the negative is that it stinks really bad.

3. i think you should use another method. you're probably using it as a phosphorous supplement right? i used it and regretted it...it smelled like ass for about 3 weeks and it also attracted a shitload of gnats that are probably eating my roots as i type this lol.

4. Dude im using it right now. It seems great for the early VEG sate but i think i need proper shit for my flowering wich i will by tommorow..

i hope that sounded alright, im really stoned:wave:

5. i've used it and still use it occaisionally in place of my mexican bat guano. It works well. Seems to respond quicker then the guano with the plants. I use it all thru veg.

6. thanks for the replies. i fuigure since i have it i might as well use it. im gonna try some real weak at first and then maybe switch to some other ferts (and definately switch for flowering). i hope that the gnat problem isnt from the emulsion. peace.

7. by the way... what is the best ratio (npk) for vegging? i have done the research but i want some different opinions.

8. I think that fish emulsion works great. Correct me if im wrong but I think that most people use this stuff for the high nitrogen value not neccessarily for the phosphorous it supplies like westLAtoker said. I'm not saying that it doesn't supply some phosphorous but usually only has a value of 1 in that department.

Another thing, i saw that you said you are going to use another fertiliser at some point, which you definitly should. If you are using fish emulsion because it is organic I would assume that you are growing organically. Now I'm a little stoned so bear with me! So if you aren't growing organically and are using a mix of organics and synthetics then you are completely wasting the extra money that it cost for the organic supplies. When you use a synthetic fert you are dumping salts into your medium which in turn kills all the living organisms on contact that are helping your plant get its nutrients in an organic garden. So this means you have defeated the whole purpose of anything organic that you are using. Not sure if I said this in a fashion that makes sense to the sober, so I appologize in advance. I am just stating this info for knowledge and am in no way assuming that you are going to use synthetics. Just thought you or anyone else should know this before buying ferts!!

9. wasn't planning on going organic but if i wanted too how could i go about fertilizing throughout? what could i use other than the emulsion and what would i use during flowering? and ifi wasn't going to go organic can anyone give some good ferts i could use?

10. Foxfarm makes organic nutes.

11. I think it works alright, but honestly not well enough to seek it out. If you have it, use it, of course, but don't expect it to be all you need for vegging. Check out Fox Farm's nutrients. I also use Maxicrop's liquid seaweed as a foliar spray and supplement, and like that quite a bit.

PM me for info on hydro items I'm selling - Hanna pH meter, set of 3 GH liquid fertilizers, rockwool, more!