Firstgrow:Shadynasty

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lost Boys, Nov 25, 2011.

1. [quote name='"Lost Boys"']its not getting worse thats for sure..shell be fine i guess..i just want to avoid defs of any kind, keep her healthy, get nice yields..ya know...should i start flushing next week? its going to be week 7...so two weeks of flush..plus in two days i get the hps too[/quote]

Week 7 flowering? Most likely be about that time. Sounds bout right since you're getting hps in two days!! Congrats

2. allright i decided im not gonna sweat the leaf spots anymore since i cant find out what to do, id rather not do anything than fuck it up...that being said, next feeding we start with just water and molasses...

also i ended up finding a great deal on some 65 watter cfls...60 bucks for 2 2700 and 1 5000...so i ditched the hps...i know a lot of people are not gonna like that but whatever..
    she swelled up over night, she loved it
    only a couple of weeks left now...
    heres an update

Attached Files:

3. is it a good idea to flush already? this is the current status at 44 days..

Attached Files:

4. have u checked the trichomes? when my trichs are about 20% amber thats when i cut mine down

5. if u dont mind ill post a couple of pics of my blue widow plant that im cutting down this weekend. it would give u a better idea what im talking about

6. please do, anything is helpfull, right now i have a pretty good idea, and i started flushing so theres no turning back now...but i dont want to cut too early since i hear that the last cycle is the most crucial...

7. Low level light is gonna produce really leafy bud...don't plan on trimming it to perfection or there will be no bud left...

It would be a good idea to sell some of it to buy a nice HPS light for budding

8. word, thanks for the good advice..im pretty convinced on the hps..i guess better sooner rather than later
    and as far as the leafyness..the buds seem pretty hard to me right now actually, i imagine them getting tighter after shrinking...im aware cfls are known for airy buds, but i feel the lst and daily light arrangement in order to keep them as close as possible has worked in my favor
    one thing i cant help but think about is the amount of trichromes i lost one day high as motherfucker when i got the impulse to put a last minute scrog on her already flowering buds...needless to say unnecesary stress and resin loss was the result
    fuck it..whats done its done...this is my actual first grow, i considered that ive learned alot and im aware of a lot of mistakes that i will try to avoid on the next run, but really, for a not femmed plant to whitstand all of that and on top of that look like shes going to give me about an oz or so of some fire shit..is just awesome

9. heres my widow plant im cutting down this weekend. she smells as good as she looks. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. those pictures help alot man, and gotta say your plant looks like some awesome smoke!
    your help is really appreciated...
    i just realized i have a little spidermite problem..should i be spraying anthing on the plants this late on the grow?

11. idk man. i never had spider mites so i dont know what you should do here. try to google it and see what happens.

12. yeah i actually came across on some real simple home made pesticides using garlic and habaneros and cigs..but i dont know if its a good idea to be spraying that on this stage?

13. yea i know what u mean. if i were u i wouldnt spay the plant with anything since your so close to harvest.

14. right, ill see what a few days will do..the trichs will prolly darken up before the problem becomes serious..so then i can chop chop

15. [quote name='"Lost Boys"']right, ill see what a few days will do..the trichs will prolly darken up before the problem becomes serious..so then i can chop chop[/quote]

Hopefully! Just googled spider mites...
    they can hatch in 3 days, fully mature in 5 days, one female can lay 20 eggs a day and live 2-4 Weeks!!
    Fertilized eggs make females, unfertilized eggs make males..

Don't think I want spider mites lol

16. yeah no fuck that shit...im very annoyed...but i found a bug spray that can be used up till harvest..its a fox farm..it should be getting here in 3-5 days so im just going to keep taking out as many as i can before the spray gets here..i assume its stunting growth as we speak so im going to have to let it chill for another week or so id say..ill prolly wait till i get most amber trichs as well

17. [quote name='"Lost Boys"']yeah no fuck that shit...im very annoyed...but i found a bug spray that can be used up till harvest..its a fox farm..it should be getting here in 3-5 days so im just going to keep taking out as many as i can before the spray gets here..i assume its stunting growth as we speak so im going to have to let it chill for another week or so id say..ill prolly wait till i get most amber trichs as well[/quote]

Cool. Also maybe try spreading with water after they're gone to flush off any remaining bug spray

18. yeah no word..i used to hang with this rasta a couple of years back that told me he never used fertilizer or pesticides, he just picked them off with his hand..now spidermites are so many and so tiny it seems unrealistic to do this, but ive sucessfully wiped out a large amount by just pressing on them with my fingers, i bet this will help..hope so anyway

19. [quote name='"Lost Boys"']yeah no word..i used to hang with this rasta a couple of years back that told me he never used fertilizer or pesticides, he just picked them off with his hand..now spidermites are so many and so tiny it seems unrealistic to do this, but ive sucessfully wiped out a large amount by just pressing on them with my fingers, i bet this will help..hope so anyway[/quote]

Hey, I wouldn't doubt the rastas. They live for the green some of them.

But glad you got a bunch if them. Keep at it. Look for eggs and kill em!

20. yeah forsure...thanks again for the supportive comments