first

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by notgiving2shits, Jan 24, 2010.

1. After weeks of researching I decided to try growing for the first time.. with it being my first go at it I just used some seeds that my neighbor gave me.

I started with 8 seeds, over a 4 day period in the paper towel and zip lock method only 6 have germinated, I'm happy with that though because I think 8 would be too much for my first time lol.

[​IMG]

This is the last seed and I planted it yesterday, the other 5 were planted 2 days ago.
    I really think I made a bad decision with the cups that I used to start them in, too small I think and it isn't draining how I had wanted : ( because last night I noticed it's starting to get some mold : ( so I'm wanting to transplant them. I put them in the bottle of a coke can lol honestly my reasoning behind that was I was hoping the aluminum would help draw in heat and keep the soil warmer.

I'm not really sure how to go about this transplant though, I mean I really don't wanna kill them as this is all just really exciting watching them grow.

Don't have the best lighting yet for now I'm just using a couple CFLs... I've ordered a 600w hps and mh lighting system with the digital timer. It won't be here for 2 weeks though. I have a fan blowing on them

Anyone have any good suggestions with the shitty light system I have right now? hell, any suggestions period will be much appreciated. Tomorrow after I transplant em I will post some pics because I'm not totally sure how all of this is supposed to be looking. lol Oh yeah, I have them on 18-6 on the light cycle.

This is what the biggest one looks like at day 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Isn't the plant supposed to be.. more upright??

Another plant, day 3

[​IMG]

and another. I'm not really sure what is going on with it... anybody?
    [​IMG]
    Just wondering if I should try to help it or just leave it etc..

Thanks for taking the time to view my grow journal.

2. I always help mine out when they come out like that but its up to you.

3. Thanks. Yeah I decided to go ahead and help it out. Also moved the plants closer to my lights so hopefully it'll perk up some.