First

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by budtender4122, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Hey guys, I found this book outside, check out the first chapter. Its pretty thrilling. First growJust wanted to check some opinions on my little girl, this isnt the fas tree st growing one out of the lot but shes already a hairy beast! I wanted to see if anyone could give me an idea of the strain.. all I know is it looks fire! I cant wait!Germed with a 2 part mix of MG potting mix and 8 parts fox farm ocean forest. Solo cup for 2 weeks so far under a 512 1600 lumen flourescent. Will be adding some LED and blue spectrum flourescents, at flowrring the plan is leave all the lights I currently have by that point and add some red spectrum to eveb it out and slowly over a few days work there way up to full red sepctrum fliurescent/ledsHows she looking? Frosty?Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. How old is it from sprout? Looks very small for even a week. My oldest is 5 days and looks bigger.

3. Dec twrntieth was germ date. 21st actually. I was using sunlight until I got my light on the 28th though since then theyre going great. Ill be adding more lights tomorrow as well.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Its winter where im at atm so when my fiance saw I was uaing sunlight she gave me a quick ass whooping and had me grab a light.. shes been around the block when it comes to gardening. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Theyre all bagseed from good shit. I think a few were a bit immature as well had to work with what I had so I think that accounts for the two smaller girls. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

6. Ok. Maybe it's the strain. I'm currently growing Maui Waui that is five days old. My oldest is two weeks. It's winter where I live too. I started out using 23 W fluorescent bulbs. I've been switching them over to MH when they reach a week. This is my first grow, that's why I wasn't sure about the size. Sounds like you got a good woman behind you. If I can help in anyway just let me know. Good luck and happy growing.

7. Sorry man but that's still really small for two weeks old. Do you have any circulation in there? I've had baby's stunted because it seems fox farm is a little hot for some seedlings. Hope she takes off soon.

8. Sunday retrofitting a 12x12 walk in closet when I get back to RI. Will be putting two 4'' intake fans and a 6'' outtake at the front of the room, the two four inchers will be at the top and bottom center of the room. You t hi k thatll ve enough for a room that size?Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. And the 6'' in the top front right corner. Sound good or do you have another suggestion? Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I am on my first grow. I thought it looked small compared to my 5 day old one. My plant that is at 2 weeks is exploding compared to that and I nute burned it. I think you are right about the circulation because I am looking at my stems and that one. Mine are much thicker. I was told to strengthen them, you could bury the stem up to the first set of leaves? True? If so maybe he should give it a shot. My fans are on 24/7.

11. I would through an oscillating fan or 2 in there. It won't hurt. That much I know. Hope it perks up for ya.

12. Sounds like a good plan and I believe you'll see great improvements with them the closet. After looking closer at the pics holy shit stretch man. Those sprouts are stretching way to much for the light. After you get your new set up think about transplanting them and yes definitely bury a lot of that stem under soil. They are going just fall over if you can't help them get some support.

13. Maui sprouts are tough. I have one and it stretched instantly after sprout. Whoevers mauis are in this thread have stretched to shit. Keep in mind it is 100% hawaiin sativa. Im thinking about not running my maui until i get better. Im gonna watch it closely. Cover them stems with dirt ManSent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. My error those arent mauis. Those are ops sprouts and they are S T R E T C H C I T Yrepot to cover stems up to cotydlons or start over but dont leave like that. No chanceSent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. image.jpg image.jpg

I was the one with the Maui. They stretch? Mine didn't at all. It's only 6 days now and about in inch high. It just fattened out the leaves. It is the smallest one in the pots. That was why I was worried about his. However, his has a nicer, dark shade of green while mine is a weird lime color.

16. Mine just seemed like it did right from comin out of soil. I think my t5s were not close enough when it popped but it just seemed so tiny conpared to other sprouts. This is the maui the bean came fromSent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

17. Well I don't want to hijack this guys thread but I have a thread in the absolute beginners section so you can see how it grows if you want. It's my first grow ever so I hope I don't mess up too badly. I will be back to check out your progress OP. Hope all goes well with your new setup.

18. I have a pinched nerve in my back so i havnt even been able to check on my plants today so bummin. I have my blue mystic almost 3 weeks into flower, chernobyl who just showed sex this week, and my 2 12/12 from seeds a death star and a maui that i just popped earier this week.Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I've only heard of a few of those strains. I'm new to this strain game too. Where I come from you just told them how much and he told you how much to pay. If it was good you are happy, if it was bad you were unhappy. Lol. I guess we can compare Maui strains. I bought mine from Canada. Do you have a grow journal?

20. Thanks for the input guys. Ill probably be making a thread as I like talking about grows learning etc. They wre stretching because the light was about 2 feet above them til I moved it within 3 inches yesterdat. Added a pulley so I can raise the lights as they grow and I pan to build a shelf system and as they grow lower theb shelf by shelg til theyre on the floor. Think its a pretty clever idea! Ill pist pictures when I get it not looking so ghetto. Since my seedlings stretched a bit so you thi k that will make them bigger plants in the long run or do you thi k it probably did more harm than good? Not to familiar with reasons / rxplanation behind stretching.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app