Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

first year of college wasted?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nomotivation, Mar 27, 2011.

1. i had no intent or directive when i entered college. i just chose engineering because i had a strong acedemic background (except senior year :smoke:) . i didn't do anything at all and it worked for a while until the curriculum picked up its pace. at the end of the first semester my gpa was fucking AWFUL. long story short i'm in county college now with 1 class , a job, and a 4.0 gpa.

can anyone relate to this? i honestly just wasted a year of my life and college, besides the small amount of knowledge i picked up here and there

2. Congratulations!!!

You realize your mistake!!

Now....

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! Take more classes at county. Get good grades in them. Get back into your university. Pick the right major for you (or spend a year or 2 taking a variety of classes as a undecided major). Get good grades in those classes. Graduate. Succeed.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr don't. Only you know if you are ready to go back. Don't go back and waste more time.
    if you aren't ready. You will just waste more time, and more importantly $$$$$.

I have done it.....

3. yeah I did learn from my mistake. I am applying to new schools my old one is too prestigious to let me back in :/

4. Hopefully you weren't this wasted

[​IMG]

5. only on the weekends

6. Yeah college can be a bitch man... Very unforgiving if you do not grind the gears when you have a legitimate major. Take some online classes at CC during the summer to get some easy credits out of the way and get back to a real uni by next spring. I'm taking a year off to travel and work then I am going to finish up in a different state.

7. That's why you don't go to college if your not ready to work your ass off...

8. That's a bummer. Fuck that school then. Good on you for applying elsewhere, and best of luck man. I hope smoking wasn't the main factor as to why you weren't working towards school. I know a couple of kids who let getting high become their most important part of their lives in school. They will learn the hard way.....

• Like Like x 1
  9. it really is brutal, good luck getting into a univ.

I'm leaning more towards private institutions where I can slip in due to my financial situation