First week of veg.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Grateful noob, Dec 19, 2019.

1. I’m pretty new to the game, but with my success with Rockwool being so low I’ve decided to give a bubble Cloner a try. I’m using the fast roots cloner, but I’m gonna up the air pump to get a more bubbles bursting at the roots. My idea is that keeping them in the bubbler for a week would not only be ok, but help jumpstart them into veg. I don’t know much about hydroponics. I’m wondering which nutes I should use and at what pH and ppm for that first week?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Some might tell you ph should be different in different stages, but I've let my ph swing between 5.5-6.3 throughout my entire grow and had zero issues. Keep it around 6 and you shouldn't have any problems in that regard.

PPM for new seedlings should be around 200, but ppm meters have different scales, so I prefer to use an EC meter. If you go that route, EC should be around 400. Pic attached are EC values. Cut them in half if using a ppm meter.

General Hydroponics is the most popular brand out there for hydro nutes. They're very reasonably priced, well buffered, and easy to use. Can't recommend their products enough. I use the FloraDuo base nutes. Good luck! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3. Clones in a bubble cloner. PH target is 5.9 and PPM's around 200.
    That's what I do and have 100% success unless they have already switched to flowering mode then about 90+% rate.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks I appreciate the insight. I’ll look into the difference between an EC and a PPM meter to see which is better. I’m prob gonna get the general hydro nutes for sure

5. The meters basically measure the same thing, it's just that EC (electrical conductivity) is a universal standard. TDS/PPM has three scales, and rarely do the inexpensive meters tell you what scale they use, nor do the feed charts tell you what scale they're using. It's confusing in my opinion. EC is EC. I like that. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. I got the EC meter, gonna start measuring EC according to the charts you provided. Thanks for the info. Would general hydroponics maxi grow be a good general nutrient mix that could suffice for the first week of veg? I’m gonna be putting them in soil after this point.

7. You don't need MaxiGrow.......MaxiBloom can be used from start to finish.