First Vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Michael, Feb 28, 2013.

1. I'm not ordering anything online but my local smoke shop has the magic flight.

I've only smoked out of one of my friends mflb a few times and I was high af even more than blunts and joints and he only put in .2 I think.

Do vapes reek a room?
    Does the smell linger?

2. I honestly wouldn't get the MFLB if you have a tolerance

Had one for 3 months, it gets the job done but takes forever to get there (3 trenches for me)

I'm guessing you want a portable?

Arizer Solo $160 frm puffitup.com

Otherwise any other decent portables you're looking at $250.

I've had my Solo since last April, its my go-to piece

Theres good optins for desktops but still same price range, $160

online is your best bet for price, now if you can't have it shipped to your house, thats a little different but I'm sure theres somewhere you can have it shipped

3. i agree with what MR_ said. I also owned a mflb (first portable). in my own personal experience i wouldnt recommend it. the batteries got really annoying. its also conduction rather than convection. i just ordered an arizer solo from puffitup for $160.

4. Agree'd with the first two. I bought a MFLB a couple weeks ago off a friend just so I could have a handheld. It takes a lot of batteries and trenches to even get me reasonably high. I have quite a tolerance now thanks to vaping nightly with a SSV.

If you want:

Incredible Stealth
    Ease of use
    portability

The MFLB is hard to beat. Especially if you're tolerance is low. Now, if you want something that will put you on your ass for a couple hours, you'll need something that extracts better.

5. yea the batteries were the biggest killer

I had 4 in rotation, 2 stock, 2 2700 Powerex, but still got annoying

plus you leave it in the cold for a little while and all 4 batteries can go low on charge, which blows because now yu can't use it

it was badass for using in public bathrooms, i did that at college, but otherwise, spend a little more the first time

6. Few questions:
    Whats the difference between a conduction vape and a cconvention vape and which ones better?
    Hows the high of a vape? I hit it a couple times of like .2 and I was gone

7. conduction= heats the surface, which transfers the heat to the bud (i.e. mflb heats up the screen which heats up the bud)

convection= heats the air, which transfers the heat to the bud (i.e. Solo or Da buddha, it blows hot air past the bud which releases the vapor)

convection is preferred, but a hybrid isn't bad either

the high of the vape depends on strain and temp, the higher the temp, the more "indica" type high, lower the temp, the more of a head high

8. As a newbie to vaporizers(aka I just got the MFLB today) I would say if you don't have the tolerance of someone who has smoked a lifetime, this is a workhorse.
    It did the job for me in less than one trench, I think it depends on how dank your stuff is, to be quite honest with you.

9. It works as first because you're body is not used to it

Use it for 2-3 months and see many trenches you need to get to the same level, for me it became 3 trenches, which could take almost 25-30 mins to vape

10. See, I would highly doubt that with me. I would understand the average cannabis user that might be true, but I have a gift of that because I do not smoke(or in this case vape) constantly, I have no tolerance. Even when I did, I never built up one.
    I mean it may or may not happy, but here is to hoping it does as usual! :smoking:

11. How's the smell of an Arizer Solo or MFLB?

I would be vaping in the bathroom (no windows though), but shower on to the max hottest temp, strong smelly soap + shampoo on the shower ground, wet towel at the door, and fan would be on.

I've been smoking bowls in the bathroom and doing all those steps made me not get caught but you could still smell some weed in it though.

12. not trying to be mean, but these threads are starting to get redundantly repetitive :)

the small is obvious if someone was close to you, but it dissipates quickly.
    you would be fine vaping MnM24 if you could smoke in there without getting caught