First vape experience - Wow, it does work!

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by dizzler9, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Just figured id share my first vaping story here in case someone else is considering getting one. I had my first experience with vaping weed yesterday. Bought an extreme q a few days ago after much indecision about whether it would be worth the money. I had never even see one used in person before and didn't know anyone that owned one. So I had my doubts about it working (well). Set it up at a friends house last night and threw some ground up dank in there. Ho. Lee. Shit. That may be the most baked I was in many many years. In fact I dont know that I've ever been higher. Made up two balloons so that i could immeadiately begin filling the second once pulling the first off and passing it around. Packed about .3 gr two times, got 6 balloons out of it. Pre-heated up to 220 then backed off as someone here had sugeested in another post. First first balloon up with a lot of vapor but also a little combustion so the inhale was harsh and acrid as hell. Second time I got it right at around 193 degrees, smooth and sweet on the inhale. Anyway, I experienced intense bouts of rediculousness and uncontrollable laughter along with permagrin for quite a few hours. Wow am I happy with my purchase. Moreover, I went to bed (still insanely baked and feeling sensations of vibration all over my body) at around 1:30-2:00am. Woke up this morning at 7:30 and I feel amazing. My body is not fatigued, I feel lucid my face does not feel swollen or puffy and my lungs and throat feel superbly clean. I was skeptical before, but I'm am so happy that I bought a vape now.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2. That's fantastic man! Glad to hear you had an enjoyable experience. I have to ask though, what makes you think there was a little combustion? It's difficult to get just a little combustion in a vaporizer, and usually it's very bad news when you do. Vapor can be dry, and when it's thick it can still feel a little harsh, but it's not combustion. Unless the herb in your bowl ended up being actually BLACK, you didn't combust. If it's anywhere from a green to dark chocolate brown, you just vaporized.

3. Good point. Being such a newb im not sure. Maybe it wasn't bona fide combustion. There was a small spot in the center of the herb that was very dark, the rest of the bowl was still a lighter greenish brown. But I was outside and it was nighttime so it might not have been black,indicating true combustion. Whatever the case, it was too hot for my liking because the hit was very harsh and badly irritated my shizzle. But, lesson learned.

4. [quote name='"dizzler9"']Good point. Being such a newb im not sure. Maybe it wasn't bona fide combustion. There was a small spot in the center of the herb that was very dark, the rest of the bowl was still a lighter greenish brown. But I was outside and it was nighttime so it might not have been black,indicating true combustion. Whatever the case, it was too hot for my liking because the hit was very harsh and badly irritated my shizzle. But, lesson learned.[/quote]

It sounds like it got overvaped in the center. It's not quite combustion, but it's not really ideal for a vape either. Part of the fun is figuring out your vape =]. But you got a great vape there, best of luck.

5. Oh, and i figured I'd make mention of how easy it was to get good vapor. That was my main hesitation when considering dropping a few bucks on the eq. I had read posts in online forums from people had trouble getting anything decent out of their vapes. Not only did i get more out of my weed, it was easy to do (with the exception of fixing the plastic balloon to the glass mouth piece.) But it was super easy to get thick vapor like I had hoped for.

6. I have an extreme q, and I am quite happy with it as well. Those balloons are ridiculously difficult to put on though (especially when already high!)

7. For thicker hits pack the bud in the elbow screen instead of putting it loosely in the cyclone bowl.

8. Haha, funny as hell re:the balloons. When I was learning how to attach balloon to mouthpiece I was imagining how rediculous it would be if I had to do that after smoking..would probably play out like a scene from the three stooges.

I'm going to try the elbow pack in a few minutes will report back.

9. Just did my first elbow pack with the extreme q and balloon. Think I got it all right. Tiny bit of dank packed it in. One balloon to the face and I'm ripped. Very thick and smooth vapor.

10. Just had a brilliant idea while hitting the vape. I used a foam earplug for a stopper on the balloon

11. How do you like the whip function by the way? Personally I've never been a fan of bags, so curious to what you think.

12. Don't know have never used the whip. I like to be able to stop and take hits every few minutes. The ballon does that well.

13. [quote name='"dizzler9"']Don't know have never used the whip. I like to be able to stop and take hits every few minutes. The ballon does that well.[/quote]

You should really try it. If that's what you'd like, honestly I think you might lke the whip better. If you keep the vapor in the bag, it only gets more stale if you leave it there, and THC will condense onto the bag.

Bags are much better for groups in my personal opinion. For 1-3 people, a whip is the most efficient, and gets you the most flavor.

14. Haha, I've been trying to find something that could cork the balloon. I never thought of using an earplug. That is brilliant!

15. Earplug FTW!!!!!!!

16. Give the whip a try. Whole new ballgame with the whip. The only time getting good vapor or combusting is a problem is when you have a lower quality vaporizer. You purchased a good one so that won't be a problem. Enjoy it.

17. Haven't tried it yet but when using the whip, is it best with the fan on?

18. [quote name='"dizzler9"']Haven't tried it yet but when using the whip, is it best with the fan on?[/quote]

I've never used the EQ, but the fan is what fills the bags? Then you'd have to use it without the fan, you just inhale through the whip. It's definitely far better than bags in my opinion.

19. You just suck in without using the fan, but sometimes the screen gets clogged if you haven't cleaned it in a while and sucking becomes hard. The fan can help push more vapor through for a quick fix.