First try!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stonedeagle, Nov 14, 2011.

1. I've trimmed a few leaves only from around the base. I think it's also the angle I took the photo that makes it look less bushy.

2. oh ok just wanted to warn about that but no need lol. good luck! gonna keep watchin

3. 22 days flowering! Had a booboo :(. Because of my limited space, the top leaves got too close to the bulbs and have a tiny bit of burn (Only on one leaf. See first photo). I don't think it's too much of a problem at this point, but feedback? HOWEVER! I made modifications to my dresser. I removed the lowermost drawer (as I did with the other three), and made a new bottom! Bought some thin planks of wood from Lowe's and bam. I now have a little more than 3 extra inches of height for my plant. ALSO! I put in 2 additional hooks in the ceiling so that I could move the power strip from far left or far right (I originally only had 2 hooks in the center, which made it hard to move my plant away from too much bulb heat.) Now, I can move the lights all the way to one side and have the plant all the way on the other side to prevent further heat stress. Another reason I did this is because I'm going on vacation and won't be able to tend to her for 5 days, so I was going to keep her farther away from light to reduce her drying out. I might also remove a bulb or 2 just to be safe. I was going to give her a GOOD soak right before I leave for good measure!

Sorry for the long post, but a lot of new stuff going on!

Attached Files:

4. i wouldnt worry about the leaf burn thats a minor problem and should be fine :) buds are looking bigger :D 5 days may be a bit of a stretch between watering tho? have u got a tray to fill with water or something to stand the pot in after uv waterd so as it drys it will water itself from the bottom?

what day into flower are you now? hopefully she will be ok for 5 days !

5. Thanks! I'm 22 days into flowering now. I think I might put the pot in a tray with some water in it. Is it possible for it to be overwatered that way?

6. only 11 days behind me! i think it should be ok,better than it drying out and dying? and if it was me i know the tray would reasure me and keep my peace of mind :)

do you have a meter in ther for humidity and temps?

7. Really? Only 11 days? I thought you were a few weeks ahead of me! Yours are really looking gorgeous! I wish I had a setup like yours. Gotta trade quality for stealth though :(. I have a thermometer, but the battery died on it and I have yet to get a new one. Nothing for humidity. I'll probably go with the tray. I really don't want anything bad happening to her at this point! My girlfriend lives about 15 minutes away, so I might ask her to check on it after day 3 or so just to make sure.

8. yup so mine will give u a good idea what to expect!

was guna say the only down side to the tray could be humidity going to high but i doubt it if u dont usually have trays of water in ther to raise it? the gf idea would be good i say,good call! one day when u have ur own house or whateva u can look forward to a nice tent :)

9. My friend is babysitting while I'm on vacation! He took these photos tonight. 27 days into flowering! She's looking pretty gorgeous!

Attached Files:

10. I'm visiting family for the holidays and staying in my step-father's old house, which is now owned by my older brother and his fiance. Going through the room with all of my dad's old stuff in it, I found his old grow box :eek:. He told me earlier today about it, but I snuck in there tonight to check it out myself. He said he bought it for $300 back in the day and grows hydroponically. It's hexagon-shaped, about 4-feet tall, has mirrors on all sides inside with a single bulb hanging from the top and these huge upside-down U-shaped bulbs that go around each mirrored wall. I'm impressed. In the room, I even found a triple-beam balance scale (before digital scales!) and some Miracle Grow liquid plant food. :D

Even though we're not related, I guess he did rub off on me. Lol.

Attached Files:

11. Old school.....wish I had the scale though

Great thread

12. So I've been checking out some of these 125W CFL bulbs+guard units and I wanted to ask you about the heat produced. I would like to replace my 4 CFLs hanging via powerstrip with one of these. Logically assuming, it would produce more heat, but reviews I've read online say very little heat is produced. What's your opinion since you have one? Would it be about the same of what my 4 bulbs already produce, much more or perhaps less since it is just one bulb? Just want to check since I already had one heat stress accident!

13. depends on what reflector u go for really..if u get the sunmate it will be hotter than an open end standard refelector but with the sunmate i use my clip on fan positioned blowing across/into the reflector and works nicely but they do get hot but it should be fine in ther :) put it this way,when i got my 150w hps that was no hotter than my 125 cfl!

14. just like that..the fan blowing over the bulb always kept things cool for me :)

Attached Files:

• cfl.jpg
      cfl.jpg
      File size:
      30.2 KB
      Views:
  15. 29 days into flowering. Some of the lower leaves have yellowed from what my friend told me. Photos make me think that it was overwatered (probably from when I watered it a lot before I left). Will those leaves return to their normal color if if the water is toned down or will they stay that way? I read it really doesn't hurt the plant. He watered it again (oops) because I received the photos afterward. Should be good, right?

Attached Files:

16. i wouldnt worry about those bottom leaves yellowing its no problem you can just pull them they wont get any better ther pretty much dead now.things are looking good though,the two buds where you toppd look sick :)

you may have a quick maturing pheno because i only started getting brown hairs on mine about 3-4 days ago and im 11 days ahead of you,be interesting to see what happens now

17. 32 days into flowering!

Got back from Christmas vacation and couldn't wait to check on my baby! She's getting some nice buds and talk about DANK! I had ordered the ONA pro gel (1quart) and made an ONA bucket with one of my old PC fans from earlier in my grow and a plastic Folger's coffee container. The smell... COMPLETELY GONE! I had 4 people tell me that they couldn't smell anything in my room and my girlfriend was almost convinced I had moved it to another location because I told her the smell was too potent for my apartment (she got so sad at that lie! haha) This stuff is pretty damn amazing.

And I ordered that 125W CFL w/ reflector last night. Should help push the last bit of bud growth before harvest!:hello:

Attached Files:

18. yer man things are looking beautifull :) i think that cfl will do good what refletor did u get? if u got the sunmate u can still use the smaller bulbs for side lighting!

your nugs look bigger than mine at this stage im sure?i think the heat i was getting from my 250w may have stressd mine out a bit but is looking lovely still :D

19. I got this one. It was a bundle set that included both CFL bulb types already! I was thinking about using the powerstrip+bulbs for side lighting too! Should be great for the last bit of this grow and my next grow! After this one, I'll be growing Rocklock!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CSOC72/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details[/ame]

20. i love the hydro farm they look so cool! always wanted one but the only place is US and fuck paying the shipping to where i live lol that should be a good investment :) rocklock looks like a good yielder aswell