First try at growing(Closet Grow)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Swagg422, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Okay im taking a stab at growing my first plant soon and was looking for some help. Im using a closet in my room thats about 3ft wide 5ft high & 2.5ft long(front to back) im on a limited budget(trying to keep it under $50) so im not hoping to grow the greatest stuff in to world id be happy if grew at all lol. I have a few seeds germinating atm that i got from a few diff bags of bud. Was wondering what was the best cheap lighting & soil i could get. Also ive seen that people construct grow tents from old stuff they have around the house was wondering if that would be possible with such a small space.

Since im on such a low budget is nutrients really in my options?

Also does anybody have some helpful tip on tackling the problem of smell.

P.S. thanks in advance.

2. Hey Swagg,

The space you have is plenty big enough. You won't need everything at once, but the most expensive part of your grow will always be the lighting at least early on as a grower. I must admit that I am not very well versed in the flouros that are available now, so not sure what will do the trick, but if you really want to jack up your results, save some money and get a decent light and ballast. (There is an entire lighting section here..http://forum.grasscity.com/lighting/)In the meantime, a plain flourescent lamp and a warm and cool bulb will grow your girls during the veg stage. The best soil I know of will break your budget, but that's Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Anyway, look thru the forums for he best lighting ideas and soil...you are not alone working on a tight budget! :)
    Good luck with your grow!

3. thx thunder and ive heard of the fox farm ocean forest might see if i can mooch some from a friend if i can lol