First try, a few q's about strands.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shido, Nov 28, 2007.

1. I am currently reading everything I can find on this very interesting hobby, buying equipment etc. Now I am at a stall on what strand to choose. As my own growth will be the first I every try, I'm finding it hard to choose between the indica, sativa or hybrid high. will choosing indica mean I totally miss out on the sativa high, explained to be more of an energetic, clearer high than the relaxing indica?
    Mostly I am just interested in your tastes and oppinions, reasons for your liking one more than the other, a quick reply from several who have tried both would be appreciated.

I mean, will it be like im trying one drug and not the other, or is the difference a split of the same experience, if you understand? As if I experience one thing nomatter what i choose, but then a variation of that., ofcourse that could be said to be the case of all euphorias in a way.

I guess you could think an easy way would be for me to simply buy samples and try it out, but right now it does not seem like a simple option to me for various reasons.

In anycase, the closest I am to a decision is to go with a hybrid, I have been looking at "Four way" which is supposed to be 80% sativa and 20% indica. If someone have found Four way to be very very good please say or I think I'll go with the bottom option.

A 50-50 heritage also feels like a good option ofc, I found a tip about the "California Orange Bud" which is supposed to be just that, but on the seedbank I want to buy from i could not find it, however I did find many other 50 - 50's, can someone recomend a nice 50 - 50 just so I don't have to choose, cause simply put I suck at choosing.

Thank you for any help.

2. Actually, for a first grow you should try bagseed. If you have any seeds from weed that was pretty good, then you should do fine with that. The learning curve has many opportunities to screw up, and if you kill a bagseed plant you will be sad but at least you won't be cursing the money you wasted on buying seeds. Remember that bagseed doesn't mean it's bad, just that it's unidentified.

If you insist on buying genetics then I recommend Northern Lights. It has mostly indica traits and is known for being hardy, potent, stays low, and sometimes is low odor. It's an excellent strain for first venture with genetics.

You need to stay away from sativas for now, they grow big and you need to learn to walk before you can run.

As for the high, only you can judge which you like better. Yes, a sativa usually gives more of a euphoric "head-high" and an indica usually more of a couchlock body stone.

3. I mean "strains" ofcourse not strands, :eek:.

Anyway, I might go with northern light then, looks like a classic which I should try, and easy to grow, I might be in over my head. Also odor will be a problem and it said it has a light odor. I will try to mask this with the help of active coal filters at the fan in, and outlets, one of those ion thingys + maybe some incense.

Also looks like I'm gona get 10 free seeds with the purchase so maybe I'll get to try and grow a part or full sativa as well.