First Trips!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Digit, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Wow man... my first time was the best experience of my life. I live in Holland so we got sum quality shit u kno, well me my mates Salex, Danny, Lia was chillin and me, Salex and Danny was gonna take sum shrooms so i went in to go and get the shit. got it.
    we were around a mall area and we was sittin on a bench. me and danny was sure about it but salex had doubts but after we munched a few he got into it hesitantly. the 3 of us got thru 28grams and we didnt think anything was happening and went off unhappily. salex had to go home to check in with his mum so him and danny went off leavin me and lia.

we went to a sandwich place and i started feelin shitty like my insides was oozing so i sat down and slumped.
    then we went to mcdonalds and i called danny and salex to see what was up with them and when theyd be back, salex was seeing shit melt and danny was incoherant.
    that bummed me out right then coz i aint saw shit! then all of a sudden i closed my eyes a split second longer than normal and opened them with a real amazing happy feeling. i turned to lia smiling,
    "whats that on your cheek? u got glitter on?" i sed.
    "no, what the fuck u talking about alex???!"
    then everything just started to sparkle and it was like sumthin outta Cinderella or sum shit... fuckin mad. and then we got sum people down and they all started lookin really weird... one looked like a goldfish, one a rat, one had a fucking HUGE bottom lip that seemed to sag over. funny thing was that she was hittin on me, i looked at the beast and said "AWW NO!!!" and started giggling.
    I turned at lia
    "OH MY FUCKING GOD YOUR EYES ARE GONNA FLY OUTTA YOUR HEAD!!!"
    funnie shyt... one asked me to go get them a cheeseburger so i did and while waitin in the que i thought it would be funny as hell if the heavens opened and sucked me forth to order a mcdonalds cheeseburger... well lo and behold people slid to the sides as if by magic and the ogre behind the counter leant forwards and her teeth were pokin out like a foot.
    when i sat down donuts fell out of an advert on the wall.

after we left we was walkin through the street, i felt a sweatin feeling and felt the need to derobe but rememberin a story i heard bout sum kid who did that i decided now was not the time or the place... porkers might be a problem.
    it felt like it was raining... but it was dry everywhere not a drop to be seen. Wow, i was having crazy fun.

then we went to meet up with someone else at a bar.
    something was bothering me... a german soldier baring a nazi standard was following me and i got slightly concerned- so i called danny:
    "Yo danny man!!! Where are you? get down here! i cant take out all these Nazis by myself!!!"
    his response was great:
    "I know what you mean man, i got the same problem down here!"

We sat down at the bar... "I wanna be a circle." i said, then we were looking for all the things that were circular and after a while we went in. They were mourning someones death and i felt pretty inapropriate but somehow it turned out well.
    I had the mind of a 6 year old and everything was intruiging me, the colours and shapes were the SHIT!!!
    I went up to the toilet and had the shock of my life...
    I then came down and told Lia to "be careful in the toilets, there were little black men singing in the toilets while they were cooking."
    I came down the stairs and was amazed by the lights as they looked like they were dripping off, Lia stood up and shouted for me to come over there and feeling guilty i did.

So then we went back to the busstation, we walked through a corridor like passage of building and everything swerved and everyone looked at me funny and i got it in my head that i was Neo from The Matrix and everyone else was part of a conspiracy.
    A weird but dope song came into my head that for the life of me i cannot remember.

Since the trip i have had a couple of times when the walls looked like they were melting- I was sober so me being a tru stoner thought it was cool and carried on.

Thanks for reading...
    have fun & happy shroomin! I RECOMMEND IT!

2. Cool story VanBong. I'm really looking forward to my next time. I really wanna see some proper visuals instead of just colour and shape distortion.

3. I was reading over your first trip (again) and I was wondering about your route. By any chance, was the industrial building (which wasn't forboding) the black building? And was the beach Inganess beach?

I find this interesting because I quite often go to sit on a certain spot on a wall next to the black building where you can look down on Kirkwall. I also got stoned for the very first time in that infamous structure and MoogleKexin did something very similar to your Grandparent presence induced behaviour. Same Grandparents ain't it? Anyway, he was walking along, then suddenly realised where he was, screamed and dived behind the wall. Then, he made a dash down the road and in the process, caused his phone to jump out of his pocket and smash against a wall.

AND... speaking of the beach, a few of my friends went down there a few times this summer. I went with them the very last time and got stoned.

4. it was inganess, it wasnt the black building. "not forboading"... hello..... the black building is one of the most forboadin buildins on teh whole island!

nah, the buildings were just the ones at inganess.

:D

5. hailChickenWing ask digit what field the shrooms were picked at... who cares about a stupid building :p

6. I met one of my fellow trippers from my first experience a few days ago and he was telling about some stuff to do with it. (In fact, he greets me these days by saying "where's the baby tile?") He also reminded me of some of the things I was saying, such as:

"You're the fridge... turn the kitchen 'n' oven off"

Apparently, I had another cup of brew that I didn't know about too.

7. The day before i asked my friend if i could sleepover because i wanted to go shrooming the next morning. Well, i had no weed, weed is what he wanted ( i could tell ) and i also had the number of this guy to call to get weed from, but i didn't want to bother him at 11 o clock at night. And this kid was obsessed he just wouldn't listen to me he was like come on just call him when you come over. So i made an excuse and said i had to do something in the morning...that's not the end of my trip it begins here, and beautifully at that(if you can call it a trip).........

I wake up suddenly for no reason..i see the kid's ugly face standing over my head saying, wake up! "are your parent's home?" (the kid already found away into my house without waking anybody at all, why was he asking if my parents were home) So i told him yes(they weren't home obviously) yes they are! we have to go outside before they see you, they HATE you! And so we go outside behind my garage, he says " i have the shit" i'm like "huh?" He throws out an easy wrap bag half full of miniature mushrooms, some gooey some dry, some a little damp. He's like, i already ate some, i got these about 4 and a half hours ago so eat them quick! I now suddenly notice he's been sweating and he's tired. So i'm like, "Dude, how do i know your not tryin' to do shit?" but he puts one out and shows me a little decayed purple ring around one, and as little as i know about mushrooms i sorta see it, and i was just like...what the hell, so i ate the top all the way to the stem(about 2-3 cms) he puts out one that is just a top, he's like that's the bigest one! and it is just like 2 or 3 inches round. And another which was split in half, he then eats one to show they aren't bad, this shit doesn't taste to bad, no different than raw mushrooms you get from the store, these just look a lot different and their textures are different. Well after about 3 or four more, and that was all that was left. He was like, that should be enough. He owed me about ten dollars or so, so i was like, alright you've paid me back we're even. So he gets on his bike quick thinking my parents are still here, and rides off like a little 6th grader on a bike(tenth grader). Well i walk inside my upstairs door and go into my room. I sit for about a half hour and I hear my mom making baby voices to the dogs as she walks in the door. I still haven't felt anything yet a little tired and doozy but that was it... and my mom just walks into her room followed by my dad talking about something vague as always.
    He then goes into the kitchen to make some spaghetti and meatballs. about 45 minutes i've been playing this game called dark age of camelot, the screen is slowly slowed down(you know what that means) and the colors are just a bit fuzzy. At first thought i think the game is lagging or something. But i then say to myself, holy shit this shit is really doing something to me. and i look around i feel a little woozy like i had a bunch of alcohol in my system. I then walk down my twisted corridor to my kitchen(which isn't actually twisted it just suddenly feels that way). I see my dad making something in boiling water, at this time i'm contemplating to myself, why the hell did i walk into the kitchen, i knew my dad would be there, but for some reason it didn't cross my mind. and my mom and my step brother nick are sitting at the table about to eat. I then stoop and can't think of anything to say to my dad and say when will the food be ready, he looks at me oddly and says in a few minutes why? and my mom screams something out loud in her loud loud irritating voice, i get kinda woozy again and feel blood rushing to my head, like after the sun has been staring at you for too long, or when you take a big hit without air. And i just mjumble something, and walk back into my room, but to make it look like i had a reason to goto the kitchen i reach up and grab a can of soda. I walk back into my room and sit in my chair and watch tv for a little bit, i suddenly look around my roo and notice all the blinds are down and how dark and dark blue it is, i start seeing color smudges everywhere(everything was out of sync ya'know) and decide to turn off the tv and just chilll out thinking as much as i was. And then i look at my computer screen with the guy with sword just staring out into nowhere, and as i breathe i see it getting bigger, then as i exhale it goes back to normal size (everything was breathing!) but then suddenly realize how fucked up i'm being. My brain kept building shit and i realize how wierd it was, and i clear my mind of all this and think...i think about what my friend told me, about you have to keep breathing, and so i did and everything became more normal, but i got pissed cause i wanted things to be fucked up so i kept everything to a slow breathing and just listened to myself breathe...that lasted for about 12 minutes, and my mom called my name and said come eat. So i walked in the kitchen got myself the food and sat down, and my rude mother said, what you don't want any bread pookey? i just sat there and smiled, and took a piece. (i personally added nothing to the conversation between my brother and my parents, it even made me completely depressed because i felt like i was a nobody and that i felt bad for my parents for the way we've been living 'not to mention the fact that it was a sunday and i, do completely nothing but kill time on sundays.) so i just sat there while they talked, and my brother mentioned, "eah that's what seems to be what happens in this family either goto the military or goto college hemm, since i'm the only one still in college.." he then mentioned my step sisteers that went to college for about a year or two and then just went on doing some other kinda work. This depressed me since i knew i was the one planning to goto the military, he said it in a respectful tone but it summed up basically what i was gonna do and made it seem not complicated but simple. after the mid afternoon dinner, i walked back into my room still tripping but not badly like when it comes to colors, everything just me feel really really drunk and stoned. I just sat down and my dad walked in giving me the phone saying, there are some girls on the phone for you and i just nodded my head and took it and said hello. I was like...holy shit, you won't believe what happened to me today, they were like "chris have you been taking drugs?" i was just like ehhh, and wenton with my story as they just laughed and partially just ignored what i was saying because they didn't absolutely care, just when one of them hung up the other talked me for a while(i was so confused, i felt like my whole life was in shambles, and slowly amidst the mess this girl was making everything make sense to me.) i then said goodbye after about an hour on the phone. i walked into my dining room and my parents were there, and my real brother was there, not the one whop pissed me off. And i was like hey, we should get some ice cream, and so some how i don't know how but within 15 minutes everybody got ready and went into the car. *(before this i was looking into the mirror at myself and saw nothing, i felt small, minature like a nobody, i haven't felt this way for about two years, and it came back, i was just so happy after i felt normal again.) and i was like happy after we had ice cream and...that's it when i got home i fell asleep and in the morning i had to goto school, the cool part was this was the beginning of a new school year sophomore year, i got tripped off of magic mushrooms the day before school, and after thinking about the experience it didn't mean much...i only said to myself...next time....I needa have at least 10 or 12 tops if i wanna actually get fucked up. But when i look back at everything, i see it as a positive experience, if i was without this experience i wouldn't be the way i am today, and i'm content with the way i am, so i bless this day, rather than regret it. I can't wait til i get some of my friends to try this shit.

BTW sorry for the long post, i just wanted to get the main point of my story across to everyone.

8. ---this might be a little off topic ---

someone talk more about the Evolution of the mind while tripping, cause i completely agree with Digit.

It seems a majority of the time people trip, they always learn something or figure out some lifelesson. My friend even tripped with me once and the next day he said he finally knew exactly what he wanted to do with his life (this was our 2nd year in college now) and declared psych as a major and has been workin hard at it for another year and a half since then. Anytime you ask him about it he'll tell you it was from tripping where he decided what to do in school.

Anyways, back to the topic of the evolution of the mind, I think when certain people trip, they're mind becomes so separated from the Supressing ego, lets the Id out rationally, and Reason takes over. Ancient Greek Philosphers always believed that humans had the ability to discover all secrets of the universe, to determine what was morally just and to achieve human excelence, ALL through using REASON ing of the human mind. No other resources were necessary. could using shrooms for some people bring you to a higher plane of existance? a plane where anything is possible and all answers lye? Can LSD or Shrooms help the human mind to realize and learn and evolve into something greaterand better over time(thousands of thousands of years)....or am i just really baked

9. yes..i think so...when you trip you open your mind. although youre looking at something you may have seen a hundred times you are really SEEING it when you trip...like the colours on the wings of a butterfly...

10. Shit, i figured out so much shit that i've forgotten what i figured out. It is because i was so lazy to write it all down, well in some instances i did write it down. but yeah, i KNOW i'm not the only one who was figuring out the world's problems, i even had the imagination of what the world looked like. I saw a map of the middle east and africa and i contemplated on it while i was fucked up, and saw the the cities and how spread out they were and all the buildings, and i was just looking at a resource map. I didn't see the name of the cities though....I shoulda wrote this shit down dude..

11. hahaha i do the same, when im high i always think of stuff i know ill forget later, so i want to write it down...but then im too lazy....i need a personal secretary, anyone up for the job

12. i dont like the whole hallucinogen no control type highs, so ive only done about a half ounce in a week during the summer. but if you really want to trip, i suggest peyote or acid. anyways, i tripped hardcore last night on MDMA and MDM. I was playing Freedom Fighters with my buddy and I was attacking my own base and when I realized that I basically passed out and started laughing. It was insane, my eyes were so dilated.

13. Kind of bringing this post back from the dead, but all the reading on first trips made me want to post mine.

It was only a few months ago, so the memories are still pretty fresh in my head. Me and two of my close friends, T and Z, we'll call 'em, had picked up a quarter of mushrooms in a nearby community. Me and Z split the cost, and since T had no money, decided we would pay for his trip. Me and Z ate about 2.5 grams each, and T ate the remaining 2 grams.

As we waited for the effects to kick in, we smoked a few bowls and munched on a tasty pizza I brought home from work that night. We put an episode of the Family Guy on, and sat back and relaxed for a few.

I first noticed some change when I started seeing visuals out of the corners of my eyes. The strangest occured when I distinctively saw the face of one of my friends on the face of Lois, the mom on Family Guy.

We sat around as our trips began to pick up, each of us doing our own thing. We drew pictures, listened to music, and talked about our ideas and thoughts. Everything seemed to be going good until we received a phone call from another friend of ours, Jared.

"Dude, whats wrong? You guys alright?"

Definately not the type of conversation you want to get into with your occasionally "sketchy", completely sober friend. As he conversation escalated, Jared told Z that there was a cop car in T's driveway, and an ambulance parked in the road. This of course began to sketch all of us out, and we quickly found spots on the couches and bed, pretending as if we were asleep.

I couldn't help but notice Z get up and start walking towards the window. He pushed the blinds away and was starring out towards the cop, laughing.

"Are you sure its the cops, Z?" I asked, thinking for one reason or another that T's house was a long way from the road, while infact it was only a few feet away.

He was positive it was the police, and I hoped out of the bed to examine it for myself. Sure enough, a police Ford Explorer was parked in the driveway, and I could clearly see the cop standing outside his car. Eventually the cop car left, and we were able to get back to enjoying our trips.

(Turns out his nextdoor neighbors were having a party, and a girl suffered from alcohol poisoning. They didn't have a driveway, so T's driveway was the closest avaliable one.)

We went into T's "Black Room" (a decent sized room lined with black walls, with nothing in it except a window pointing towards the street and the village) with a multicolored mushroom candle and an endless supply of blankets and pillows and just relaxed and chilled. Outside the window there was a fountain in town that was running, with a red light shining upon it. We just sat there for a while, starring at the fountain.

As I glanced up the road, I noticed a car pulled over with its fourways on. For whatever reason, it struck me as peculiar and I continued starring at the car for quite some time. Finally it pulled away, drove down the road, and ironically, turned into T's driveway.

"What now?" I thought.

Someone jumped out of the drivers seat, opened the back door, pulled out something, and carried it to T's front porch. They then hopped back into their car, and drove away rapidly. None of us quite knew what to expect, and began wondering what exactly they dropped. Z even climbed out of the window, onto the narrow roof, and tried to figure out what he was looking for.

(Turns out this was just the newspaper deliver people dropping off the paper. Not quite sure why we thought it was something so strange.)

After this we were starting to come down, and Z fell asleep as T and I watched some TV. We put on "Martin," a semi-old school sitcom involving Martin Lawrence, in which he just so happens to live in the most tripped out house ever, complete with purple walls, yellow cabinets, green ceilings, so on, and so fourth. As the show ended we shut off the TV, and I layed back, thoughts racing through my head until I finally fell asleep early in the morning.

Overall, I had a good trip, despite the cops showing up at T's house. :)

Damn, what a long story, sorry if I bored any of ya.

P.S. Interesting how you can write 700+ word rants about your first time tripping on mushrooms in no time, but when you have to write papers that size for school, you draw blanks and it seems to take for hours. ;)

14. Awhile back i had a native american friend who got some peyote...a hallucenagetic cactus plant that is legal for native americans. I dont remember many details of the trip but i remember vividly being able to taste whatever i saw. I think it somehow linked my sight and taste, because i could even taste the ground when i looked at it. Very Wierd Stuff.

15. hmm i like the trip stories, im gunna post mine when i feel like typing that much lol. Right now is my frist time on DXM and its kinda cool im like buzzed but in a different way its kinda hard to explain. Milkdrop is the shit, i suggest that if your on dxm you get some music going and just watch mildrop in the drop cuz i dunno its doing shit ive never seen it do, but that could be cuz i put in a cd and i usually just listen to songs off my comp.

sorry if what i just said is like really retarted but meh im guna click submit reply now

16. oh to hear of more epic tales of first trips. :)

17. First trip I had on MJ was when my girlfriend came over with a bag of her dad's green. It was some pretty sweet cheba.

We had a nice cushy leather lazyboy at that time, and I was sitting in it, and she was on my lap, as we passed the J around.

It was a sweet ride. I felt tingly all over and my feet kept feeling like they were rising into the air. I could hardly feel her sitting on me. And I was a little bit paranoid about all these new sensations that I was having.... Lol I was very much in my own little world.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was this time (or the time after) but I saw little translucent green nomes doing river dance in a line, and it made me crack up. (pointy hats and all)

18. First time I ever tripped was 4 hits of acid, I don't feeling like typing out everything, I'd be here for days. But it was definitely my favorite experience I've ever had.

19. The first trip I had was with some weed. I was at my coworkers' (yes, two of them lived together) apartment, and I smoked about 5 hits (3 solid ones) from their two-foot ice bong. :) Yeah, I was high for about ten hours... Started seeing the word "good" as a shape. I closed my eyes and boy was I seeing visuals. :) Rapid-fire thoughts (never had them as rapidly since) and some of the most euphoric bodily feelings I have yet experienced.

I have tripped since on more weed, keif, acid, magic mushrooms, MDMA, 2C-E, amanitas, morning glory seeds... oh, and of course: Salvia Divinorum.

20. I love that this thread began on 9-11-2001, the beginning of a whole new trip for the big psyche.