First Timers Grow Cfl

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MarijuanaGrowerGuy, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Hey GC I got alittle indoor tent grow for yeah.
    My setup consists of a 36x20x62 inch mylar tent.

2013-03-02_17-24-20-1-1.jpg

For lights I got 1 105 watt 5500k full spectrum CFL and a 42w 2700k cfl.

ForumRunner_20130302_172853.png

The plant is bagseed and a female. I got it from a friend, already had it in flower but it is rootbound and wayyy to little -_-.

ForumRunner_20130302_173116.png

Those are 3 inch net pots in the pic and a chop stick to hold it up, it won't stay up :(
    Sooo I put it in a re veg or 18/6 light cycle. Do you think that was a good choice? I will be transplanting it into a bigger pot Or I could try out my dwc I built, but Idk how I could if its root bound already. Any advice would help

2. Sowwy the one 42w light is a 55 watt instead

3. I wanted to add a close up of the pistils.

ForumRunner_20130304_015313.png

Please reply need advice

4. First keep it out of your hydro setup. Soil to hydro never works. Revegging can take around a month but if you transplant like you say everything should work out well.

5. Do you mean a month tell it starts growing again (which would make me really sad) or it will grow for the 4 weeks lol

6. It can take up to a month to fully switch over from flowering back to veg growth. It will still grow just slow at first.

7. Once she gets big enough do you think with the space I have I could make her a mother and take clones from her and run them in the dwc

8. That is possible but then you'll want more light.

9. In my experience of transplanting rootbound plants is that growth is only stunted above the surface. I actually just posted an example in my journal, the last picture is a plant transplanted into a 32oz gatorade bottle from a 12 soda can. It was transplanted I believe 9-10 days ago and had at least 3-4 inches of new depth to its new container, while the plant only grew about 1.5 sets of new leaves and maybe half an inch in vertical height, the root development was amazing check it out =p.

10. If I were to do that should I just keep it in veg? And do you know any good fiming/topping tutorials.

11. I checked out your journal and that is kinda cool to actauly see,

12. Currently you could do either, I don't see any reason as to why flowering or vegging now would not be effective, you just need to weigh out all your opitions. Your plant is small, but it is indeed already growing bud, and it definitely will get bigger if love is put into it, vegging may increase yield, but will take longer.

13. Aye it was a neat little experiment, to give my best guess, id say that in order for the plant to grow above ground it needs to be able to first feed itself from below ground. That is why growth seems stunted above the surface, but this evidence suggests stuff is still happening. Bigger roots = bigger plant = bigger buds

14. God dang it I hate making decisions lol
    I think I'm going to stick with the veg because I already started it and don't wanna stress it anymore, I wanna take some clones so I don't have to get more seeds, and I wanna get the max yeild.

15. Mounted my light sideways thanks to some old shoe string XD

ForumRunner_20130304_031515.png

16. Lol awesome, I too enjoy making my grow box most efficient out of old junk.

17. If that's looped through the actual cfl bulb like it looks like then you're just asking for a fire.

18. I rapped the bulbs with a different less cotton like rope and the tied the shoe string to that

19. The bottom leaves are very yellow and dieing and the node above that is starting to yellow to. And it has a very red stem in only that region. Is it a nutrient deficiency??? I dont have any nutrients for it but its in MG soil

ForumRunner_20130304_161547.png

20. I'd say it's a sulfur deficiency. What's the ph of your soil?