First Timer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mujadeen, Mar 7, 2017.

1. I am new to growing and I have a few questions I would like to get answers to.
    First let me start with my set up so you guys know what I am working with. I have a 2x4 LightHouse Grow Tent , iPower 4 ft Jump Start T5 Grow Light , 6 in Active Air Clip Fan , 4 in Active Air Inline Fan , and two Ferry-Morse Seed Starting Mats . Right now my set up is being used for my plants and to start my peppers and tomatoes with my veggies being moved outside in May. With that out of the way here are my questions:
    1. How long is the seedling stage? One of my plants is a month old and the other is six days old.
    2. Should I be using a 24hr cycle for the light? Currently they are on a 18/6 cycle.
    3. How can I reduce the humidity of the tent? Right now the tent is dripping with condensation. Mind you I have yet to install the inline fan or the clip fan because of work being done in the room my tent is in. Once i install those fans will that help with the humidity?
    4. How often should I be watering them? I there a way to tell if they need water by looking at them?

2. Here are some pictures to help out:

Attached Files:

3. 1. I consider the seedling stage until it has it first set of real leaves. So maybe the first 1-2 weeks

2. Use any light cycle above 16 hours on for veg and 12/12 for flower. But pick on and leave it there.

3. Idk why your tent is dripping wet even without ventilation... Are you spraying the walls with water? Ventilation should help. And water them less if its really that humid

4. They will start drooling when they need water but try not to let this happen. There is the lift test, simply let the pot dry out alot and lift the pot remeber how heavy it feels and then water. Lift it every day or 2 and when it feels light again water it.
    Or the finger test. Stick your finger in to the 2nd knuckle if its dry give it water

• Like Like x 2
  4. Your humidity is going to rise unless you have some form of intake or outake, bearing in the mind how much moister is in the air where you live, where I am from all winter has been been 92%rh if you are having problems with humidity go on eBay and purchase yourself a dehumidifier does not have to be new, I have one with a continuous drain off valve that stops you from having to empty it manually only problem I have had with humidity is towards the end of flower where the buds fatten. big buds + high humidity = bud rot

5. So I just wanted to give an update. I have fixed the humidity problem I installed the inline fan which I have running once a day for 2 hours and that is helping to keep the humidity around 70%-80%. I have also started watering with Fox Farms Grow Big and Big Bloom. This has allowed the plant to grow about a inch and a half over the past week. I also just transplant to a bigger pot (2 1/2 Gal) because the roots were showing through the peat pot she was in. Is there anything thing else I should or shouldn't be doing?