first timer, worried about smell

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by az182, Dec 2, 2007.

1. hey first time grower here
    in our basement theres a storage area that im pretty sure my mom has no idea its there cause she always complains about not enough storage. it behind the furnace like 5 or 6 feet back. the space is like 4' 4' 5'. my only real worry is that when i get about a plant or 2 flowering would the smell b noticable? the area is behind a close door in a corner. security is not really i problem, i have all that worked out im just worried about smell. i also read that just putting a dish of vinager and a air freshener out would keep the odor down.

has ne one grown in their parents house just like a plant or 2 and not been caught? ne pointers or is the whole idea just stupid?

2. i have this exact same problem. my grow spot tho is through a rarely used room(furnace room) and into another room behind a closed door thats like literally underground. any answers would be appreciated.

3. First off all, they will find it.. Unless your parents are space cadets then they will. Another, you should rethink growing in your parents house w/o their permission. You can get them in some serious fucking trouble. Wait until you get your own pad, or if they dont care you are doing it... orrrr gurilla farm that shit away from your house. Parents are smarter than we think...

4. hanky: i will reconsider growing it in my house. would you recommend growing it outside? i have a 2 acre yard w/ trees along the edges of it and i could find a spot easy.

5. u can use just plain unsalted garlic powder or those automatic air freshners, or ONA. if u use garlic powder, IT will smell like garlic, just sprinkle it on a paper plate.

6. if u are worried about the smell of a plant during flowering then u may want to look into carbon filters or putting open boxes of baking powder, they reduce the smell. i dont think it would be wise to grow in your parents house though espicially when they notice the spike in there electric bill lol

7. shit. your right. i never though of the electric bill... my dad is a electricity nazi. OMG. anyways, would i be wiser to grow outside as i asked above?

8. the smell for me hasn't been much of a problem, it's not like a strong weed smell but more of a skunky plant smell especially if you move or bump the plants. although i don't live with my parents, if i did i would just have a stealth outdoor in the backyard :cool:

9. Haha. Hey man. I've grown atmy olds house about 5 times. Two i got snapped. But i never grew inside. I grew one inside the barbeque and one behind the house. those were the ones that were found. The other ones were in the middle of a big arse spot of bush and two were on the roof but i trained them to grow around the bucket. and they were sweet. my advice. Find some long grass around the country. or at the river. dont forget to sweep up your steps.

10. Trust me, it will not be pleasent over christmas dinner explaining to grandma and grandpa that your parents are doing jail time because you tried to grow weed in their basement. Now is not a good time for outdoor growing in the majority of locations in U.S.

11. well maybe im just an idiot but im growing in my parents house in a stealth pc box cuz my parents know im a nerd so they dont care! if u are going to grow indoor do that but grow outdoor in my opion