First-timer with a Q about mold?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by aquadrake, Feb 13, 2009.

1. First off, hi people of Grasscity. Long time reader, first time poster. You know the deal =P

Now on topic, I started my grow about 3 weeks ago from bagseed. I've read guides and such on boxes and planting and all, so i've done my homework. Thing is, i saw this mold or mildew or some foreign growth in my soil about 2-3 days after i transplanted them into clay pots. I took out all the plants that were affected the most and had to trash them and for the others, i scraped out as much as i could and put new sterile soil on top. When i put them back in the box, i added more fans to try and dehumidify the air for a bit but next day, theyre still here. Is there some sort of solution i can make/buy to end this?

tl;dr - Whats this shit in the soil on my pics?

Attached Files:

2. anyone know what this is? i dont want to trash my plants =(

3. dont know, try bleach diluted in water, google for proper ratios.

4. are there different amounts of bleach for different types of mold? anyone encounter this before?

5. I'm not sure I see in those photos what the problem is. Hold off on using bleach -- the key ingredient of bleach is chlorine, the same stuff we let our water sit out for 24 hours to allow to evaporate away...