first timer using big momma rockwool hydro drip system

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dylan2888, Aug 2, 2017.

1. so I'm trying to decide if I should just scrap my plants and start over or if its worth the time and water.
    I germed my seeds and placed them in the small rockwool cubes under a single cfl to start them.
    The low light made them stretch so they're pretty tall. I was lead to believe that its better for the plants to grow inside their final resting place so I transferred them straight to the big momma cubes. I'm starting to think that this was a mistake because the cube directions says to "transfer a well rooted 4in cube and bottom 1/3of the block stays super wet while the top 2/3 stays pretty dry (I'm sure its out of the root zone).
    I'm having trouble finding info on how often to water, how much water, if I should be feeding with nutes yet. I'm using two 1gal per hour drippers per plant.
    The leaf tips started to yellow on some of them and from what I've researched online, I came to the conclusion to start feeding them some "grow". No results at all yet, not showing ANY growth even on the time-lapse. Im hoping that they're just growing some roots instead of doing any visible above soil growth. I know their are 100 ways to skin a cat, but their is so much contradicting information online, its hard for me to feel confident in taking a step in any direction.
    Also, im not sure when people normally start tracking the age of their plants. Does it start at germ? I germed my seeds on 7-14 so they're only a little over two weeks old.
    I probably won't be using the giant cubes hereafter and may use some coco or soil next time but don't really want to waste the seeds.

Frustrated and tired of reading through forums online. Any help would be appreciated.