first timer trying to do it right

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cannibus2003, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Here's my setup:

A 5'x5' Custom Built Enclosure 8' tall. 1 430w metal halide lamp for growth and 1 430w HPS lamp for flowering. 4 4' flourescents are used during all stages of growth for added lower light penetration. A small 20" box fan mounted low draws in cool air and a vent in the top exhausts air out. All walls ceilings and floors are painted flat white. starting 8 plants, going to keep four or less depending on sexing. 18/6 since the start. Sta-Green potting soil mixed with peet moss and vermiculite. Alaska's Fish Emulsion 5-1-1 with Sta-Green Liquid Plant Food 10-10-5 every third watering @ 3 days between waterings at most. Will switch to Sta-green bloom start upon switch to 12/12 for flowering. Fan runs on seperate timer: 15 minutes every hour and a half. Temperature stays between 70-80F in day. 65-75F at night. Will switch to flowering when they're about 12" tall, they're about 4-5" right now.

This is the first time I've tried this so any advice would be helpful!!!

So let me know what you all think! Pic's to come soon!!!

2. everythin looks good, just make sure u dont use the fish emulsion during flowering or about a week b4 u start flowering, or ur weed is gonna taste like fish.. :p

3. Sounds like you did your research.Cool setup,lots of luck+make sure you take as much care when harvesting/curing

4. yea dude thats pretty elaborate, especially for a first timer.