Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Timer Tips

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Movability, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Hi guys. Im a first timer and i have some questions.

I have a guy who can hook me up, so no worries on that.

1. How much should i buy the first time? (enough to get me high, maybe more)
    2. Should i do it alone? Note : i want to, i wanna just chill by myself, for the first time. Hang out, i dont want freakouts though, ive hard of those. So what should i do to keep me happy? and in a good mood? And i know what im doing.
    3. What kind of weed should i buy? (i want good shit, but not to much 2 totally fuck me for the first time)
    4. Any helpfull tips for the first time?

Thanks Guys :

2. 1. An Eighth is 3.5g, a good amount depending on your tolerance. If its good bud, should get you high multiple times.
    2. I like smoking alone, but i wouldnt recommend doing it alone your very first time.
    3. Most people dont have a choice on what kind to buy, if you do, thats awesome. Also if you don't know the genetics of the strain, you wont really know if its Indica or Sativa dominant. If you can, get a hybrid for your first time.
    4. What are you gonna be smoking out of?

3. The best thing you could do is buy a gram of dank, That should be plenty. I would also find a pipe. Take one nice rip and relax for about 5-15 minutes or until your confident to take another hit.

When I'm toking I like to listen to music, play video games, build model cars, surf gc and even study. Just take it slow so you can get into a comfortable high. Stay positive and you will have a great night.

4. Ya, he sells 20 a G for everything. I was thinking a 1/8th the first time, he said i could get different kinds. He sells : White Rhino, Mowie Wowie, Blue Dream, Purple, ect. He has shit strait from cali. Idk, i was thinking a pipe? or papers? I would need to make a bong, and thats a lot of effort and kind of hard to hide.

5. Thanks for the reply bro. Probally the best 1 all day on 2 forums!!!

6. roor pipe style, few hits and chill. Some dub and your away.

7. make suire, if your going to use a pipe you know how. Those can be very harsh if you try to use it like a bong. :p

I learned the hard way, way back when.

8. Im pretty aware on how to use a pipe :p :) thanks anyeays

9. If he has those strains you mentioned I would go for the Blue Dream or Maui. Both are Sativa, more of a cerebral head high. The White Rhino and "purple" will be more Indica, more of body effect, relaxing and sleep inducing strain.

Blue Dream= Blueberry x Super Silver Haze

Maui Wowie= Hawaiian x Unknown (growers in Hawaii had to take there operations indoors due to DEA)

White Rhino= Brazilian Sativa x Indian Indica

"Purple"= Indica

10. Go with the blue dream, It will make you the least "bummed out" and give you an energetic kind of high

11. Try the blue dream, it's a nice balanced high good for beginners, anything purple might be too heavy for a first time as well as the white rhino it's a heavy indica. Mowie wowie is a sativa so that might be too racy for a first timer as well, so if i were you try the BD see how you like it.

12. Just pick up a gram of some 20g and chill by yourself and smoke it all. Its not like doing acid or shrooms where you have to be in a good state of mind to do it, when you smoke it pretty much puts you in that good state of mind, well atleast for me it does :smoke:

13. I would just pick up a gram which usually runs anywhere from $10-20 depending on your location. It's up to you as to if you should smoke alone or with a friend. Personally I enjoy smoking alone, but usually prefer smoking with friends. I would recommend music & food, both are awesome when high. Definitely buy the highest quality tree you can get your hands on you can always save the rest for later if you find yourself not wanting to smoke the whole thing.
    Happy Tokin'

14. I m sure you would enjoy your first time.lol

15. [quote name='"Movability"']

Ya, he sells 20 a G for everything. I was thinking a 1/8th the first time, he said i could get different kinds. He sells : White Rhino, Mowie Wowie, Blue Dream, Purple, ect. He has shit strait from cali. Idk, i was thinking a pipe? or papers? I would need to make a bong, and thats a lot of effort and kind of hard to hide.[/quote]

You should most definelty make a bong, i smoked 2 joints my first time with like 3 friends and didnt feel shit, which lead me to want to smoke more to see what it was actualy like. I smoked from a bong my second time and i was :)))). From experience i would reccomend makeshifting your own bong, a pipe may not cut it for your first time, but then again a pipe might b good to start off with, only because the bong will have a creeping smack in the face high ;)

16. #16 DriftingShade, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2012
    For a first timer, I would have a friend smoke with you, or at least nearby to help out in case of freakouts. They aren't common with weed, but they do happen. I would recommend that you buy an 8th (3.5 grams or so) and just fill up your pipe/bong bowl or your joint or whatever you're smoking out of. Take a nice hit for the first one, blow it out and let your mind relax, soaking in the THC. Flip on some tunes to help with the energy flow. Try not to worry about freaking out (because you will if you focus on it) and just focus more on the music. Feel each drum beat...every guitar strum, every bass note. After about 3 or 4 more hits and some more music you will be feeling great.

What I generally do when I smoke by myself is listen to music, browse the net, play video games, watch Disney movies (they are 10x more amazing when you're baked) and just ponder my deepest thoughts.

Just take it slow, don't overdo it and most importantly, have fun! After all, that's what the herb's all about. :)

17. Man more than anything, you just kinda gotta grow into it. Try it your first time, and quite frankly with the shit that you said you're able to get, as long as its smoking and you're actually inhaling, whether its a Tri-Coil Illy or a Dutchie, you gonna get fucked up. The important thing is to pace yourself and don't smoke too much, just a little at first, and if you're comfy smoke a little more. Just remember to move at your own pace on these things, and don't let anyone force you to smoke any certain way at first. Try everything, and settle on what you enjoy the most. Just remember the one main thing with cannabis, whether you're tokin off a pinner of some first cheap shwiggity shwag or you're doing dabs offa all you're different es gees, the most important thing is that we all relax, chill out, and ride the wave of life. :smoke:

P.S. One exception, don't smoke out of metal. Metal fucking kills you due to inhaled metallic (usually aluminum) oxides that are cancer and alzheimers causing. Thats the only warning though.

18. [quote name='"Glass Bastard"']Man more than anything, you just kinda gotta grow into it. Try it your first time, and quite frankly with the shit that you said you're able to get, as long as its smoking and you're actually inhaling, whether its a Tri-Coil Illy or a Dutchie, you gonna get fucked up. The important thing is to pace yourself and don't smoke too much, just a little at first, and if you're comfy smoke a little more. Just remember to move at your own pace on these things, and don't let anyone force you to smoke any certain way at first. Try everything, and settle on what you enjoy the most. Just remember the one main thing with cannabis, whether you're tokin off a pinner of some first cheap shwiggity shwag or you're doing dabs offa all you're different es gees, the most important thing is that we all relax, chill out, and ride the wave of life. :smoke:

P.S. One exception, don't smoke out of metal. Metal fucking kills you due to inhaled metallic (usually aluminum) oxides that are cancer and alzheimers causing. Thats the only warning though.[/quote]

Yeah unfortunately when i was a beginner smoker i used to smoke from aluminum whenever i didnt have anything to smoke from...

19. [quote name='"BlazingZombiess"']

Yeah unfortunately when i was a beginner smoker i used to smoke from aluminum whenever i didnt have anything to smoke from...[/quote]

Didn't we all lol

20. Haha yeah seriously ilmao... Ive upgraded so much since then haha i cant even imagine smoking from aluminum.. Ewww