First timer, some problems, Royal Dwarf / White Widow Auto Dinafem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GirthWindAndFire, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Hey guys, these are autos

[​IMG]
    These babies are 25 days old. The one in the center is a White Widow Auto by Dinafem and the rest are Royal Dwarves.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So if possible I'd love to pick your brains for what's causing the problems on the plant on the left. It started a week or so ago and has lead to two of the bottom-most fan leaves becoming dead and brown in the cente radiating outwards.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My guess is it's either pH related or I'll need to add some CalMag, do you guys concur?
    [​IMG]
    This is my first attempt at all this. Had some issues with the center one when it first started off, was quite pale and the leaves were leathery and kinda patchy white, this got much better after I added nutes.

pH meter won't arrive for a day or two, then I'll post more information here. I did make up an aqueous solution of Magnesium Sulphate for foliar feeding (1gram/300ml) but seeing as I'm not certain it's Mg related I'm reluctant to go crazy just throwing stuff at the poor girls.
    Could the issues with the lady on the left be from overfeeding?

I've done no training except some leaf tucking and have kept all leaves until today where I removed some of the more dead ones on the bottom of the left girl.

I'm using Plagron Glorious Green 100% Terra Lightmix. I imagine the issues with the center plant were likely a deficiency (probably of Nitrogen, though I'm no expert.)
    The soil is sat on some stone balls to help drainage.
    Adding Ionic Grow nutrients (recommended 7ml/litre, I'm using 15ml/3 litres because they're autos but could this still be too much?)
    Haven't switched to bloom yet for the lady on the left as my research tells me to wait until at least Week5/6.
    Besides that and one small spray of Magnesium Sulphate solution I've added nothing.
    Temps are recorded at around 28c perm mid-plant level, though I do consider the possibility the fan on the side is cooling the roots of the left plant too much.
    They're under two 5500k 250w CFLs on 24/0.

Budget is not huge so I won't be able to get humidity readings etc for you guys but I don't believe it's in any extreme.
    Think that's everything, look forward to your replies, hopefully with your help we can sort this.
    Thanks!

2. Mg def I think. You can try adding some epsom (like 1/2-1 tsp / gallon). Could be an early sign of lockout due to (low?) pH.

3. #3 Vee, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    another Skunk auto by RQS,

I suggest you ensure you are in at least a 2 usg pot 3usg is better

add 25% perlite to your soils , no nutes to 2-3 weeks until you see an improvement

avoid the temptation for calmag./Mg S04

the deal really is ...if you wanna add your own nutes

leave some space and use perlite in ur mix

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. Here's how she's looking today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thankfully the pH meter arrived. I'm guessing this means it IS lockout, but from a pH that's too high? (Reads at about 7.5 pH)
    [​IMG]
    I'll look into getting some pH down, are there any known home recipes? I'll start looking around for some but if you know any, lemme know - thanks!

Cheers Vostok, these are 3 usg pots I believe, 11 inch or so diameter. Not sure what percentage of perlite is in this mix but it does certainly have perlite. Are you having doubts about my drainage?

5. Went with white vinegar to lower the pH atm, I've read the mixed views on this but as I'm in soil it should be less risky. Still a little high at around 7 but I'll tweak as I go. Thanks for the advice guys, I'll keep you posted as things develop.

6. Drainage Doubts = yes

if it don't drain so fast then nutes builds up ..lol

leaving you nute burnt

perlite does wonders

I'd be very careful with that 3:1 tool

I have one and was so bad I gave it to my nosey neighbor ...lol

cheers/

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ph 7 for soil, Ph 6 for coco mate.
    Start seedlings on max quarter recommended dose.
    Plants your size shouldn't need much more than that.
    Really can't remember what the rusty spots are. Calmag is my first thought but I'd wait for another opinion cos I could be wrong. Iether way they look good mate.
    Oh and regarding bloom nutes, it's mostly accepted that the best time is closer to the end of the stretch as the extra N in the veg nutes helps them through this phase.
    Give em a day of just water every 7-10 aswell as it helps stop shitty buildups in the media.
    Oh and finally, check the ph of the run off feed aswell, not just the soil.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app