First timer - soil question&fertilizer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pasta-far-I, Apr 14, 2009.

1. So me and my friend want to go ahead and try growing two plants and see how it goes.
    We are going to be picking up two GDP clones.

We are going to use his 3'x3'x7' shower in his guest house, which is under the house, where no one goes ever. It has one of the plastic doors that has an opening at the top. We are going to clean the crap out of the shower, then cover the walls, and door with some sort of reflective material. The ground tile will be covered in black pvc covering, with slits where the drain is to help drainage. I wanted to grow them in 2 gallon plastic containers, then move them to 8 gallons for flowering. We will have a fan on top of the door, to bring air in, and there is a window with in 2 feet of the shower for fresh air, and then another fan below to get that air moving.

My question is, what soil should I use?
    I want something with a good amount of nutrients so I dont have to feed during the first 3 weeks. after the 3 weeks, what fertilizer should I use with my watering? Recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Also, preferences with a light source for this kind of environment? CFLs?
    or a 2' growflux standard bulb? how many?

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH! :D

2. Plenty of stuff already written on soil. Read the stickies, use the search button.