First timer questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LuvrODank, Dec 8, 2017.

1. So this is my first time growing ever. have done a lot of reading but some things i cant find concrete answers to or i find so many different answers im not even sure which direction to go. i started out trying to germ 2 seeds (1 WW auto and 1 King Tut auto). the WW seed seems to be a bust at this point as it shows no signs of germination. once my root got to be 1/4 inch i put my seed carefully root down into grow area.. this is more a trial and error experience for me so id rather not have 500 people attack my chosen methods here so i wont be posting them til after my experiment is done. my questions are as follows: 1. is there still hope for the WW seed germinating as its been 4 days without signs of cracking open? 2. it is a hydro type set up, should i hold off on nutes til around week 2-3? 3. i have a picture of my little seedling that broke surface and am just wondering if it looks decent so far at day 4 after germination. any advice or comments are welcome. thank you for your time.

Attached Files:

• day4.jpg
      day4.jpg
      File size:
      277.2 KB
      Views:
  2. I feel like hydro growing for your very first grow is a little complicated and a lot tougher than trying soil or coco in the beginning

3. Yes there's hope seed will pop after 4 days.

Can't help on question 2.

Seedling looks just fine though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Question 1 - there is hope, give it a few more days and cross your fingers.
    Question 2 - you didn't mention what type of hydroponics you were doing, but regardless, you start feeding in hydro from day one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. ok will hold out for 2nd seed. Thnx Mick for that info. i had been doing a small amount with it so will just keep using and adjust as plant tells what it needs. the hydroponics im using really all it is would be an old Aerogarden body that i added a outside pump to, removed the top lighting in favor of CFL for veg and moving to CFL+ LED. in essence that is all ive done was add a pump. just using the body as a tank since had it laying around