First timer questions..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NewBie4200, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Hello everyone,

I am a medical marijuana user, amd recently acquired an autoflowering female cannabis seed. i have read lots of things on how to grow it, but I still feel lost. Firstly, I have read a lot of conflicting things on what light to use, and how long to keep it on for. Secondly, how can you tell if its done growing, lastly, after its reached it end growth, is it ready to use? I am sorry I know these are all dumb questions, but the info I have read seems to be conflicting.

Thanks!!

P.S. Like I said I am a medical marijuana user, and my purpose in growing the seed is not to sell it or anything like that. I am mostly curious to see how it grows.

2. I am not an auto grower bit i can teach you what i know from experiance with others i use hid lights metal halide and hps i might use a cfl for the first two weeks but i normally just dim my mh and raise it high 18 hours on 6 hours off the way you tell it is ready to harvest is trichome color and texture or the crystals if you get a jewelers loop and watch your crystals they start off solid then depending kn strain they start to turn cloudy and a little sappy then you will see crystals statting to turn an amberish color i wait till about 10 to twenty percent amber then i pick hang untill dry anywhere from 5 10 days depending on buds themself humidity temp all that once dry need to be cured for atleast two weeks thats where youll get your taste and smell ond potency

3. It's crazy but in all actuallity you can just plant int in a container and leave it in the corner of your living room or bedroom and it will run through it's cycles naturally without light change on it's own schedule without alot of light... The amount of light you use will dictate the thickness of the flowers when completed..

4. Id suggest doing a fair share of research before starting.

As far as lights you should go with HiD lighting. Get Metal Halide for vegging and HPS (high pressure sodium) for flowering. You can find a cheap 600w setup with both style bulbs on amazon for around 250, which is fine for beginners. 

As far as soil get yourself some Fox farm Ocean forest and mix it with some fox farm light warrior.

Ive grown quite a few autos and with them you should keep your lights on for 24/0 or 20/4 for the entire grow if you want. Autos dont need a change in light schedule to flower.

If you have anyother specific questions dont be afraid to ask!

5. #5 jay719, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
    Growing is pretty simple, though I would suggested good feminized photoperiod seeds for a beginner. Autos aren't very forgiving to new grower mistakes.

What light to use? The largest one you can afford. More light = more energy = more bud. You can grow with a few cfls but hid lighting is better. Do take in to consideration that with more lighting comes more heat and more need for ventilation. Do it right though and you will get more than your moneys worth.

Light cycle? I run autos at 20/4 start to finish. I've tried 20/4 and 18/6 as well but see the best yields at 20/4. Light cycle for growers is debatable so try several different things for yourself.

How to know when they are ready? Watch the plant. In the final stages buds will fatten, hairs will turn and recede, and trich color will change from clear to cloudy and then to amber.

After it reaches the end of its growth you have to harvest, dry, and cure it for best results. Otherwise taste and smell may be greatly affected. Your looking at around a month or so after harvest for a good product.