First Timer Question

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Tokipokiokidoki, May 14, 2021.

1. First time growing. Went with Berry Ryder Auto in a 5gal cloth pot.

Whats everyones process the day of harvest? Do you let it sit in darkness for 48 hours? Do you score the trunk and leave for a week then chop it down? Half dry it in pot then hang it?

Does this look ready? Its like 15%/60%/25% Clear/Cloudy/Amber

Attached Files:

2. I just trim it up when it looks done. I trim into a cardboard box lid and roll/shake the buds around once or twice a day till it's dry to the touch. Then I jar it and check it in and hour or 2, if it feels wet/soft again...I put it back out on the cardboard lid for a few hours, then rejar, rinse and repeat until it can sit in the jar for a few hours without feeling soft again. Then the jar gets opened once a day for a week or so for the cure, always checking the softness of the buds so that they are still dry but not too crispy.

I'd give that plant another week to be safe, but it looks pretty close atm too

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Today marks 10 weeks from seed (2 day sprout). The plant started to yellow it fan leaves over the last 4 days, defoled them today. Ill give it another week or two. Any tricks at this point to help fatten the buds more?

4. You still have a fair number of white pistils which generally means more time to grow. Check trichomes on bud pieces, not leafs. Leaf trichomes can turn earlier.
    I do not flush and I do not leave plant in dark. I tried it long ago and didn't see enough changes to compel me to continue as part of my growing routine. My harvest goes into a 2x2 tent to dry. I utilize an inline fan/filter for odor. Also employ an air purifier to help with harvest odor too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Everyone’s harvesting is a little different, being your first run you can pick a method and try it. And on your next run try another. And figure out what works best for you.
    I just cut my branches off, trim any fan leaves that are left and hang the whole branch.
    Usually 5-7 days and when the branch is dry and almost breaks when bent I cut the buds off, trim and then jar them up.
    If you don’t use any meters or 2 way packs then you’ll need to burp your jars at least twice a day for a week or 2

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you all! Like most say, "Its not ready, just you are" lol. Im going to wait a week or two and see what it does.

7. I'd be very surprised if you're at 25% amber with all those white hairs still present.

Make sure you are scoping buds that are protected from the light as direct light causes early maturation

• Like Like x 1
  8. Update:

As you all said, i still had more time. They have fatten up more, added more trichomes, and hairs have most turned. I looked at the lower buds and see that i still have clear and cloudy, none really amber.

Weird thing is, this was planted on 3/3/21 and its a 9 week auto... does this happen a lot? Thats almost 12weeks and still seem to have 1+ weeks. It also has no colors that it should. My other autos are all coloring as specified and growing normally.

9. Just like most products across the globe, seed breeders up-sell their wares as well. Does the breeder or vendor say from seed in 9 weeks? Or is that 9 weeks for flowering? It can be quite ambiguous. The info imparted is better than it used to be though. I always add and week or two to my grows.

• Like Like x 1