First timer.. looking OK?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrMarcus, Jul 6, 2017.

1. If your leaves are wilting you should take them off to prevent mold and bud rot. Fan leafs will naturally turn yellow sometimes too, but once they go yellow/wilt they won't turn green again. Also when you transition into flower your going to want to lollipop your girls, increases yield and quality. So don't be worried about taking a couple of fan leafs off, trimming is good it promotes growth. You can get by without a ppm meter but it helps and give you more control. Plus they are pretty cheap shouldn't be more than 10-15 bucks. When it comes time to flush your plants you'll want a ppm meter, if you don't have one your essentially flushing blindfolded. You'll be lower your neuts in the soil but you won't know by how much. For your final flush before you harvest you want to remove as much neuts from the soil as possible, I would have one hell of a time doing that without a ppm meter.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Awesome. Thanks my man!

• Like Like x 2
  3. No worries man, glad I could be of some help. Honestly both of you are doing a great job, the structure of your plants looks great. Nice job for your first time. Ganja is going to have a monster once his girl starts to flower. Anyway don't fret you'll have pretty flowers in no time. The pics are from a week ago

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Beautiful! Man those are looking great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks man

6. And thanks man. I'm pretty pleased with my first time grow thus far.

I'm not a "book smarts" kinda lad.. I need to learn by trial and error. So I'm not expecting a great yield first time around; just hoping to work out the kinks in my newbie experience. Only way to really learn, right?

I'll keep you guys posted.

Oh though, I'm in fear of running out of tent space. I'm maxed out at a 4x2' tent right now (wifey won't let me go any larger just yet). Judging by my photos, could input into flower anytime soon? I hear the plant will double size once in flower so I don't want to run out of space. Maybe with a success grow she'll let me buy a larger tent :)

7. It depends on the strain, but yeah they'll stretch when you put into flower. Sativas might go more than double but double is a good estimate. The double in growth as far as I know refers more to the growth in height than growth in width. As to your tent how tall is it? 4 feet? I'm use to 3 numbers for the dimension of the tent, mines 3x3x6'. If your tent is 4 feet tall you might have some issues. The main issue is your colas getting to close to your light, you can either solve this problem by super cropping your plants or by getting a taller tent. I'd try to convince the wifey to let you get a taller tent, they have tents that are 4x2x6'. On to flowering, you could switch to flower now if you wanted and if your worried about space it might be better if you switch sooner than later. The longer you veg the bigger the plant will be. Here is a link to super cropping if you want to look into it. Super Cropping Marijuana: Simple Secret to Bigger Yields | Grow Weed Easy

8. 2x2x4'

I've been LST'ing which has been keeping her nice and short/compact. Without LST she'd be 18" tall, but now she's only about 6".

• Like Like x 1
  9. You should be good then, just keep her as short as possible. From a quick search others who use your size tent veg from 4-6 weeks. Just aim for your girl to be wide and short.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nice very nice! I just got a tent 4 x 4 x 6.5 don't have enough plants to fill it but didn't want to go to small a regret it. or have to buy another(which in time thing I will so I can have 2light rotation). I cant wait to flower I was going to month ago but closet was hot and wasn't sure 100% how I was going to seal off light also when plants started to look a little sick. Then moved them to basement made a little enclosure and was going to just cover windows but seemed like ever couple days I was noticing light coming in(didn't want to do anything permeant so it was mostly cardboard and tape lol worked great then slowly would see light) Now I got the tent but don't have exhaust just yet so not sure if it would be good to keep it that closed up w/o having co2 in there.

11. Good plan. I have some ghetto advice that might help cover that window a little better. Try putting a layer or two of aluminum foil or tin foil over the cardboard it could help cover any gaps or holes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You were definitely right about misting her and it causing burns. All new growth is looking fantastic!

I'm pretty happy with the structure. She's quite wide. She's in a 1.5 gallon pot right now. Wish I had the space to increase to 2 or 3 gallon.

Just something I've been noticing lately is that the new fan leaves (any leaves for that matter) aren't growing very large. Largest blade in the entire plant is no more than 2" long.

She's healthy though, but am curious why she's so small? The strain is unknown, and the seed itself is about 2 years old (not sure I pointed that out earlier). Maybe just an old lady?

My C02 intake could be better I'm sure, so maybe that's stunting a wee bit. She's definitely growing up and outwards though.

Just a concerned dad :)

Happy weekend all! And, as always, I greatly appreciate any/all help from you guys. I've learned quite a few things in this thread alone.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm pretty sure thats normal, I have some bigger fan leafs but most are only like 3". They'll get bigger.

14. I've got her tied down in pretty strategic spots, but is there anything else I should be doing? She's opened up pretty wide and is looking good.

My goal is to keep her short and wide. Should I try and LST even further? I'm very hesitant to Scrog since this is my only plant right now and I don't want to mess anything up. I think she'll be fine just as she is?

15. I don't have any experience with Scroging yet so can't help you there. If you can lst more it won't hurt but she looks fine. You could probably top her again if you wanted.

16. I thought about topping again. So I topped once, now do you think I could top "those" new growths? That's what I was thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  17. yeah man. I'll wait a day or so if I can't get a clean cut. But it looks good to top to me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Any suggestions on where to top exactly? The nodes are spacing out now. Hopefully the photo helps.

Attached Files:

19. K, topped the 4 main "bud" sites, and LST'd the crap outta her (looking to get into Scrog mode).

For my first grow you'd think I'd just take 'er easy, but I'm also using this grow as an opportunity to learn and try new things (figure out what works and what doesn't, as best I can).

And as per the usual, I believe I just learned the hard way. Figure if I was going to attempt to Scrog I shouldn't have topped just yet. Maybe it's ok. Only time will tell :)

Attached Files:

20. No more topping or touching her for a while now. Just going to let her go. Will continue with LST/Scrog as best I can.