First timer.. looking OK?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrMarcus, Jul 6, 2017.

1. I'm using 5ml of this per gallon on each feed. Not enough?

Attached Files:

2. Damn yeah that's plenty. Whats your ph at?

3. 5.8

She's growing like a bat out of hell so I'm hesitant to make many changes right now :)

Transplanted her about a week ago and had a peek at the roots.. looked nice and clean (white).

She's outgrowing my tent though in terms of distance from light. Trying to engineer a way to raise my light further since the base straps the light came with don't allow for raising/lowering, unfortunately. I'd like to back it off about 6 inches or so.

4. what else do you give yours as of nutes? that calmag is same nutes Im using. I was giving mine to way to much. I for the most part followed schedule except when I watered(fed) twice a week(and fed just about every water). I didn't cut nute in half. but over time they built up in soil and made my plant look like this:(first pic is on 7-17 sec. is yesterday) they look bit better now. 7-17-2.jpeg 7-31.jpeg I did really light flush about 2 gal. on big plant in center 5 days ago and haven't watered or fed others in a week. Im going to water them in a day or so I beleave. I'm not saying your going to have same problem just stating what happened to me because seems it happened so fast but now that I no a little more think I might have defiantly noticed it sooner.

5. #45 mrMarcus, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Using these for nutes. Following instructions as labeled on the box.

But argh! I think I have heat burn going on right now. I brought the wee lass outside on Sunday to take a few photos and ended up falling asleep (fairly medicated plus a couple pints in the sun) for about 3 hours (yes I was also burnt to a crisp lol), and now, three days later, a few leaves are starting to yellow/wilt. That day it was a scorcher outside too (35C [95F]). I'm hoping that's all it is as I haven't changed a single thing otherwise. And I'm also hoping it can/will recover. And she's never going outside again, regardless. Will post a few pics momentarily.

Attached Files:

6. You can see a few leaves have some "burn/wilting" going on there. Everything was golden come Sunday, but since then, this started happening.

Attached Files:

7. I've never cut nutes in half either. Maybe I need a quick flush? Mind you, I transplanted about a week ago now, into a larger pot, and was able to add about 50% new coco/perlite. So I'm not sure there's much of a nute build up on my part.

I'm really hoping my current issue is just excessive heat from the sun since I figure that's easily resolved by keeping it out of the sun :)

In fahrenheit it was equivalent to roughly 96F that day I left it outside, and RH was about 25% as well. Straight burning.

Anyways, she's staying in the tent now at a consistent temp/RH. No more ~17F temperature fluctuation.

8. I'll keep fingers crossed.

9. Much appreciated my friend! I'm freaking out lol, but leaving her be for now. I feel like a terrible father haha. I'll keep ya posted with updates for future reference.

BTW, I see you have your temp at 73F (per your photos). Is that a more ideal temp? I'm at 83F in the tent. And your humidity is at 65% while mine's at 55% or so.

PS. I'm loving that last pic of yours. That's what I'm looking to achieve in terms of size. Looking great man!

10. What are you pH'd at?

11. Have mine crossed for you too, buddy. Wish I could offer equal insight into your little ones but I'm still too much of a newbie and I'd only be speculating.

Only lessons I've learned so far are: don't have a fan pointed directly at the plant(s), don't bring the plant outside/inside/outside/inside/and so on, and be patient. But that's just my findings :)

12. As of right now could now tell you. I haven't watered or checked for bout a week. Tomorrow I believe I will and I can post. thing last time I checked it was about 6.8 run off. maybe a little lower. My temp. so low because I'm in basement and temps before plants where down there was about 64 deg. so 73 give or take 3 with plants and lights. Also same reason for higher humidity.(basement)

13. I started a little while ago listening to this guy:
    I have watched his rescues, his hotline, nute series, and cannabis 101 series on #6 now. He is kinda a dick and advertises a bit/ and is a bit confusing at first depending on how you take him but when he breaks things down its easier to understand for me at least. recently he has been showing pick and explaining what the problems are its neat and informative. if u watch that video skip first 10 min. or so. Wish I can find this one video for you. let me no if you check him out what you think. p.s. he mostly talks bout 4x4+ grows so cant always follow but very informative. Different then what most ppl tell you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. One thing I noticed from that last pic is your new growth on your canopy looks like its wet or there's water on the leafs. Could just be the flash of the camera or angle of the shot but leaving beads of water on the leafs can cause the leafs to burn because it magnifies the light. I'm dumb for not asking earlier, but whats your ppm of your water/feed? That question is at both of you. I'm in week 6 of flower, the plant that is still getting fed, gets around 660-700 ppm. I was running it at 800+ but I had a little nitrogen burn so I cut it back my neuts a bit and shes been doing fine. I just mention that so you can get a range of what your ppm's should look like, not a set number though depends on the strain and the size. Also, I use RO water, if you're using tap water the ppm is going to look much higher.

15. Oh man, I bet you're right. And yes, I give her a few sprays of mist here and there. That's gotta be what's causing it. Man oh man. Well I'll be stopping that now and see if it goes away (or new growth remains healthy at least).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Don't have a ppm meter. I'm diffidently getting one for next grow. I use tap and was giving way to many nutes so right now I gave them water with .5 ml biothrive grow and .5 calmag. basically nothing. Just trying to keep them alive till harvest.

17. I don't have a ppm either. Just wrapping my head around all the gadgets and things to do still lol.

I also use tap water (comes out at a 7pH) and I get it down to 5.8 using pH down.

18. So I just leave the burnt leaves then? Will they do any further damage to the plant? Or just snip them off? I only look at pruning as an absolute last resort.

19. I usually just give them lil tug (more like just moving leaf then tug) if it comes off on its own its gone if not I leave it. Unless its all yellow and drying better to remove I think. my opinion.

20. Agreed.

And they're still on there strong (just gave a slight tug) so am just going to leave for now.

My only concern was whether they'd affect the rest of the plant, but I doubt it (although what do I know lol).

New growth is looking nice and healthy so am 99.9% certain is was due to "misting" the leaves coupled with direct light that caused the wilting.